Design Researcher at Quartet Health
Quartet is a pioneering healthcare technology company striving to improve the lives of people with mental health conditions. We connect people to a personalized care team to get them the right care at the right time. Our collaborative technology platform and range of services brings together physicians, mental health providers, and insurance companies to effectively improve patient outcomes and drive down healthcare costs. Backed by $153MM in venture funding from top investors like Oak HC/FT, GV (formerly Google Ventures), F-Prime Capital Partners, Polaris Partners and Centene Corporation, Quartet is headquartered in NYC and is currently operating in several markets across the United States — Pennsylvania, Washington, Northern California, New Jersey, North Carolina, Louisiana, and Illinois.
About the team
You will join 2 other design researchers and 6 product designers on our growing Product Design team. We’re a low-ego, high-trust team invested in each others’ personal and professional growth. Constantly looking for opportunities to spread the value of design thinking across Quartet and improve on processes both inside and outside of the design team, we're looking for a passionate, exceptional researcher to join our team in Quartet’s Midtown NYC headquarters. Help us achieve our mission to deliver technology and services that improve the lives of people with mental health conditions.
- You will plan and lead design research projects that deliver actionable insights and then collaborate with the team to turn those insights into powerful products and services that will help us improve the lives of people with mental health conditions.
- Own the creation of a provider-focused research repository/ artifact set to help teams understand our provider users' needs, motivations, and pain points.
- Identify the most powerful, interesting, and relevant questions to ask research participants, and create new tools and methods to help answer them.
- Define appropriate synthesis frameworks to extract insights from raw data, then lead ideation sessions, partnering with product designers, product managers, and clinical or operational SMEs.
- Demonstrate the power of research and design thinking throughout the organization through a highly collaborative and inclusive style.
- Occasional travel (~15%) to markets, to conduct research activities with patients and providers.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience conducting design research in the healthcare industry or complex enterprise setting, in-house teams preferred
- A portfolio of past experience that demonstrates your process and highlights your skill in conducting and synthesizing various types of research as well as how the insights you uncovered impacted the design of products and services
- Demonstrated skill and creativity for selecting the right mix of qualitative and quantitative methods to provide actionable insights to research questions and business goals, and the capacity to invent new methods when the right user method does not exist
Employee Benefits for Quartet include: Unlimited vacation, volunteer opportunities, catered lunches, snacks, team events and outings, mental healthcare coverage of 15 free therapy sessions + unlimited copay reimbursements, medical, dental + vision coverage, generous parental leave, commuter benefits, 401K, stock option grants, gym benefits.
Want to know what Quartet life is like? Click here to meet our team.
Quartet is committed to building a diverse team and fostering an inclusive culture, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We embrace and encourage our employees' differences in race, religion, color, national origin, gender, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, medical conditions, and other characteristics. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Quartet does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Quartet will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Quartet.
Please note: Quartet interview requests and job offers only originate from quartethealth.com email addresses (e.g. [email protected]). Quartet will also never ask for bank information (e.g. account and routing number), social security numbers, passwords, or other sensitive information to be delivered via email. If you receive a scam email or wish to report a security issue involving Quartet, please notify us at: [email protected].
Have someone to refer? Email [email protected] to submit their details to us.