Design Technology Lead (BIM) at WeWork Technology
The We Company’s mission is to elevate the world’s consciousness. Our global platform reimagines and positively impacts how we work, live and grow through three distinct business lines: WeWork’s mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living; WeLive’s mission is to build a world where no one feels alone; WeGrow’s mission is to unleash every human’s superpowers. Through design, technology, and hospitality we are creating a community that helps people live life with purpose and have a meaningful impact in the world. The We Company began in 2019 with more than 400,000 members. In less than ten years, we’ve built a global network of 400 locations across 100 cities and nearly 30 countries, and we’re just getting started.
The Creative Strategy Team is the global design team in the Creative Studio, tasked with pushing the We Company’s product forward. Working directly with the Chief Creative Officer, the Creative Strategy Team works on a variety of projects and initiatives to help define the creative direction for the company. The team is a small studio of architects and interior designers, who work collaboratively together to innovate, problem solve, and come up with creative strategic solutions to help define and unify our product at all scales, from the global to regional level.
WeWork is looking for a Design Technologist who can work on all phases and aspects that combine Design & Technology in the studio. This happens in every part of a project and product lifecycle, a Design Technologist who wants to leverage Technology to enhance design is critical to the overall teams success. This is a great opportunity for any forward thinking and boundary-pushing architect or designer to leverage their skills on incredible projects with this unique team. Process and Design driven with a can-do attitude will be key to success. The ability to tie different tasks to the end goal of helping push the product forward is a core skill set for this role. There will be plenty of opportunities to shape how the team increase their efficiency, quality, and smart design.
The Creative Strategy Team is looking for a Design Technologist who excels in process and efficiency that has the desire to grow and be a key part to team success.
- Works closely with designers and architects on the team to enhance and leverage technology to elevate design
- Establishes processes and best practices for communication and data gathering
- Understand continuous improvement initiatives and implementation best practices within project teams
- Helps to ensure that all internal and external stakeholders have the most accurate project data
- Identify inefficiencies and propose forward-thinking approaches to solve this.
- Maintain accuracy and consistency of project data stored within all systems
- Improve and empower others to innovate through coaching, training, process development, and automation
- Substantial involvement during project start-up and schematic design to use technology skills to enhance the product.
- Coordinating with teams outside and external consultants on project information and data.
- Substantial involvement during closeout to ensure project information is accurate and packaged for use by downstream users (Ops, Community, Digital)
- Elevate WeWork standards, goals, and brand ideals
- Communicate regularly with management and your team regarding the status of your work
- Take ownership of identified issues and work together with your team internally to resolve them
- Produce design and hand-off packages for a project utilizing Revit
- Support global teams and local special project teams as needed.
- Assist in the coordination of comprehensive documents including presentations and construction documents.
- Depending on project, pitches, and products some travel will be required
- Architecture / Design degree or equivalent experience required
- 3 - 7 years experience in high-quality projects, pitches, products, or processes (Interior Architecture, Mixed-use residential, Facilities, Healthcare, Science & Technology, Fabrication, Millwork)
- Self-starter looking for growth and opportunity
- A commitment to delivering outstanding high-quality work
- Willingness to try new things and push boundaries
- Experience working with external consultants
- Experience in Fabrication and/ or automation
- Excellent graphic communication skills
- A resourceful problem solver
- Strong problem identification and solving skills
- Strong desire to learn and grow
- A desire to shift the industry for the better
- Strong time management skills and experience working with multiple projects/ tasks simultaneously
- Excellent organizational and ‘people’ skills
- Can-do attitude with a willingness to teach other
- Proficient in the following programs: Revit, Dynamo, Sketchup, Rhino, Adobe Suites, all things Google, Bluebeam
*Portfolios and Cover Letter must be submitted for consideration*