Designer, Brand & Content at JioSaavn
JOB TITLE: DESIGNER, BRAND & CONTENT
LOCATION: NEW YORK, NY
JioSaavn is South Asia’s leading music streaming service. We are over 200 entrepreneurs, across New York, California, Mumbai, Gurgaon, and Bangalore, who help music lovers access, discover, and listen to their favorite songs across languages and genres. In early 2018, a merger between JioMusic and Saavn was announced; creating a combined entity valued at over $1 billion.
We blend digital technology, data analysis (which we have affectionately coined Music Science), and a strong, fearless business acumen to reach all corners of the globe. Through partnerships with Apple, Google, Amazon, Facebook, Twitter and Shazam - to name a few - JioSaavn reaches more music fans across the world. Our award-winning mobile products, partnerships, innovations and thought leadership have been featured in some of the world’s leading publications, from The New York Times, to The Wall Street Journal, The Economic Times to Forbes, and many more. We are well-funded by some of the world’s most successful institutional investors and global media companies as well as a number of strategic individuals. Beyond investing, they are advisors and supporters of our vision, our passion, and our collective ability to deliver a revolutionary music experience as the leader in India.
At JioSaavn, we ignite passion and performance to work towards a collective goal: creating the perfect mobile entertainment ecosystem that delivers the best possible music experience to millions of listeners around the world. Our default mode is that of perpetual innovation. Together, we form a concerted rhythm that goes beyond borders. We don't just go with the flow, we create it.
JioSaavn offers a dynamic and unconventional work environment, full of fun wholesome experiences – from in-office performances by some of the world’s most beloved musicians to opportunities for international travel. We believe creativity and technology blend together like sweet melodies. When you choose JioSaavn, you join a diverse world of high-calibre techies, artists, and inventors hailing from companies like Yahoo!, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google, Qualcomm, HBO, Microsoft, Flipkart, Amazon, Paytm, Quikr, MSN, and NDTV. We are one of the few digital companies to provide employment opportunities that meet the Silicon Valley benchmark – right here in Mumbai! Figures, since we’ve got Silicon Valley covered, too.
Our value-based, people-first work culture is about empowering every individual in our global team to be catalysts for change in this dynamic digital world. Every day is an opportunity to bring your vision to life, and to expand, learn and grow. No idea is left unconsidered. No voice is left unheard.
With listeners speaking multiple languages in almost every country in the world, we like to think we have the most diverse user base on the planet. This has only been made possible because of the value we place on radical inclusivity in our offices across the globe. We believe different is wonderful, and what sets us apart is also what brings us closer. JioSaavn prides itself on being an equal opportunity employer. We have committed ourselves to creating a safe environment with fair and equal access and opportunities, sans discrimination. We encourage everyone to be open to experiences and perspectives beyond their normal; divergent thinkers create differentiated products, and even better music.
JioSaavn is looking for an experienced and talented designer to join our Design team in New York, Mountain View, or Mumbai, India. You’ll report directly to the VP of Design, helping to drive design and creative needs across in-house products and platforms, (as well as front-end development if that’s your thing). You’ll help drive the creative direction of both new and existing products — products which are already seen and used by millions (yes, really!).
You’ll be working on everything from our branding and communications across social media platforms, to modifying and improving upon existing products, and even building (or re-building) in-house product websites from the ground up. You’ll aid in the initial conception of ideas, wireframing, comprehensive mockups, prototyping, all the way through project completion. You should be comfortable retaining design ownership of your projects, always looking for ways to improve any project you work on. You must have a deep understanding of typography, layout, minimalism, animation, and art direction, and love working with teams to produce the best work possible.
- Exceptional communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Work with developers, product managers, and other designers in implementing projects large and small, often in parallel with front-end development.
- Create beautiful, simple, and delightful interfaces that people love to use.
- Have an opinion, produce consistently great work, and champion simplicity.
- Execute beautiful and effective UI/UX, interaction design, and prototyping.
- Conceptualize and design micro sites and content marketing materials.
- Create adorable, memorable, and fun illustrations and animated gifs.
- At least 1-3 years of professional design experience.
- A beautiful portfolio showcasing a diverse range of work.
- Proficiency with Adobe CC.
- Strong skills in typography, layout, branding, and visual hierarchy.
- Up-to-date knowledge of the latest design trends.
- Sketching and Illustration skills.
- Experience designing for mobile (iOS, Android, and mobile web) and pitfalls of mobile-first, desktop-first, and responsiveness.
- Experience, and comfort, working with front-end developers to implement your work.
Ideally, you’ll also excel at least a few of the following:
- Strong experience with front-end development (at least HTML5, CSS3, JS, and browser compliance).
- After Effects, Keynote and/or Powerpoint.
- Hand-sketching and illustration.
- Advanced animation.
- Video and/or audio editing.
- Ability to balance multiple, often vastly different, products.
- Conceptualizing multiple solutions to a problem.
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
At JioSaavn, we blur work and play, and you get all the perks of a global company. You will get to work with a dynamic group of entrepreneurs, who are delivering results and working zealously across time zones to make a difference in the way the world experiences music. We love what we do, and we think you will too.
- Premium health coverage (medical, dental, and vision)
- Discounted gym membership
- 401K Matching Contributions
- Flexible vacation policies
- Free healthy (and unhealthy) lunches, snacks, and drinks
- JioSaavn-sponsored team outings
WE ARE PROUD TO BE AN EEO EMPLOYER M/F/D/V