About Rent the Runway:
Rent the Runway is transforming the way modern women get dressed and disrupting the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by enabling women to rent, versus buy, clothing. Founded in 2009 with a vision to build the world’s first living closet, RTR believes that women everywhere will soon have a subscription to fashion. Rent the Runway has pioneered a new industry by transforming the traditional model of clothing consumption, making apparel rental an indispensable utility while also powering women to feel their best every day. RTR offers apparel, accessories and home decor from over 650 designer partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times. RTR has five retail stores of the future, 11 million community members and employs nearly 1,800 people, all of whom have equal benefits across the organization, 93% of whom are female and/or non-white, with 80% of leaders who are women.
We’re looking for a multi-disciplinary Designer with an emphasis on design for digital to join our growing Creative team. The main responsibilities of this role will be to focus on various growth and marketing initiatives for our site and app via production design, with the ability to support additional design deliverables for digital marketing (email, paid, social, etc.), retail, partnerships, corporate and other channels. The ideal candidate has a strong facility with production design for desktop/mobile site and app, as well as an interest and experience in presentation design, typography and layout, and other areas of communication design.
- Design with a high degree of speed and accuracy for digital production across Rent the Runway’s site, app, and other digital platforms, working collaboratively with Art Directors, Designers, Content Strategists, and Content Management System Manager to ensure finished product is optimized from a design standpoint
- Work closely with Content Management System Manager to develop understanding of Rent the Runway CMS for desktop, mobile and app
- Leverage Rent the Runway brand style guide to design for variety of brand communication channels, across digital and physical, as needed
- Self-organize and communicate clearly and concisely on status of ongoing work, to ensure smooth progress for the working team, particularly within the production design for site and app space and with the team members closest to that process
- Execute innovative creative ideas to advance Rent the Runway’s brand vision
- Partner with other Creative team members to unite the visual style consistency across the brand
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 4+ years of hands-on experience creating both digital and physical creative assets, with a focus on production design for digital brands
- Well organized and solutions oriented
- Detail-oriented designer with an appreciation for precision in design for the digital space
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment and proven ability to do so successfully
- A collaborative team player with an interest in learning and listening to others
- Self-motivated, resourceful, hardworking with a positive attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch, plus other related programs to create assets that animate, GIF etc.
- Past experience working in luxury or fashion required
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.