New York, NY, US, 10011
Date: May 19, 2021
Req ID: 3120
Discovery hires the very best and brightest talent who are enthusiastic and passionate to fulfill the company’s mission of empowering people to explore their world and satisfy their curiosity.
In exchange for their talent and drive, employees are provided with an engaging, diverse workplace and the resources they need to learn, thrive and grow in their careers.
We are looking for a designer to join the in-house Food Network Digital/Print design team. Reporting to the Art Director, you will be responsible for creating key art, logos and marketing material for Food Network shows. You will also help define and expand the Food Network brand in designing assets for events, presentations, and physical goods. The position requires strong Photoshop, Illustrator, and Indesign skills to conceptualize and deliver high-end assets that serve the company’s strategic needs and meet the Design Director and Art Director’s creative vision.
Note - This position is in-house, but for the time being will be done remotely. Candidate will meet with Art Director through video and report progress throughout each work day via project management software.
● Design and execute high quality print designs
● Create branding for new shows
● Design and execute digital design campaigns
● Work with Art Director to supply fresh ideas for digital/print materials while maintaining the network brand
● Must have strong communication and presentation skills
● Must be able to conceptualize and implement those concepts through high quality design and production, ensuring design is in sync with the network style guide
● Work closely with Photography Department to develop ideas, manage and maintain the network brand
● Work closely with Production Manager of Digital/Print Design to keep all projects on time
● Preflight files to release to printers and publications ensuring that all print specs are adhered to
● Organize and manage the produced media files and graphics assets
● Design and participate in live video/photo shoots, with an eye for how changes on set impact the overall design and execution of the project
● BFA in Graphic Design and Advertising
● At least 3+ years of graphic design experience, preferably within a TV network or design studio
● Excellent grasp of great design and the ability to stretch creatively with each new project
● Strong typography sense is a must
● Conceptual thinker
● Ability to work independently, as well in a team situation and with clients, working under pressure, and juggling multiple projects
● Expert knowledge of all current graphic software including Adobe CC Suite, as well as Microsoft PowerPoint
● Knowledge of print production
● Retouching ability and photo shoot experience
● Motion graphics and animation experience a plus
● Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Discovery Communications, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including but not limited to all local Fair Chance Ordinances.
EEO is the Law
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application process, please send an email request to [email protected]
Nearest Major Market: Manhattan
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City