Designer, Motion Graphics at Feather
Feather is redefining furniture rental for city living and helping people feel at home no matter where they live or how long they plan on staying. By giving people smarter options, Feather is able to keep more furniture in homes and out of landfills.
Feather is looking for a Motion Graphics Designer to join our team and focus on crafting sophisticated animations for consumer-facing performance and brand marketing campaigns. Ideally, you have an incredible eye for detail and mastery of After Effects, Cinema 4D, Illustrator, and Photoshop. Involvement is critical in all phases of the design process, including concept development, storyboarding, animation, graphic design, and production. Creative deliverables will span a variety of mediums and types, including animated ads, social videos, website graphics, & digital signage. You will act as both a hands-on producer and a strategic, conceptual leader on each project. You are right for this role if you are a curious person and a strategic thinker that can quickly understand the company’s business concerns and identify potential creative opportunities.
What you’ll be doing
- Work with the marketing and brand teams to build and execute compelling, high-quality animated ads.
- Design and edit video pieces that strongly communicate product goals and concepts
- Deliver high-quality assets in multiple formats depending on creative briefs.
- Collaborate with marketing and brand to create stories through motion.
- Collaborate with designers and other engineers to incorporate animations and prototypes into production.
- Work with team members to develop streamlined motion design processes, strategic expansion, and maintenance of technical infrastructure
- You foresee design and motion trends to keep Feather at the forefront of design for web and advertising
- Work both autonomously and collaboratively with cross-discipline teams.
What you need to be successful
- 2+ years of professional motion/visual design experience preferably for consumer products or consumer-oriented marketing campaigns
- Modern and expressive motion graphics portfolio with an understanding of, and experience in branding, layout, color theory and typography in digital media
- Expertise in After Effects, Cinema 4D, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
- Mastery of a wide range of video production tools, techniques, and approaches as well as expert knowledge of post-production processes and workflows
- Specialty in 2D graphics but with knowledge and understanding of 3D space.
- Ability to translate written concepts into visually descriptive, impactful designs.
- Have an eye for detailed design and can execute against a variety of aesthetics.
- Have a passion for telling stories through motion, including storyboarding, editing footage, and motion graphics/animation.
- Familiar with best practices for digital ads including A/B testing and versioning.
Who are you
- Based in NYC (or willing to move)
- Excited about joining a small team and growing with Feather
- Passionate about Feather's mission
- Eligible to work in the United States
What you'll get when joining Feather
- Competitive compensation
Health, vision, dental, and life insurance
Access to 401(k) and commuter benefits
Catered lunch three times a week and unlimited office snacks
Monthly in-office massages and after-work happy hours
A wellness stipend
Flexible vacation and paid time off
A 50% discount on your own Feather subscription
The latest MacBook Pro and a high-resolution external monitor
A sit-stand desk and ergonomic desk chair