As a part-time Designer at Summer, you will have the opportunity to use your graphic design and communication skills to elevate our brand identity across our various Marketing channels. You will collaborate with the Product and Marketing teams to produce polished, attention-grabbing materials. We are seeking someone who loves design, communicates well, thinks strategically, and is a proactive, detail-oriented team player. Lastly, we're looking for someone to work 10-15 hours/week. Your role at Summer:
- Create and develop smart, strategic concepts in collaboration with Marketing and Design
- Design marketing materials for Summer, including but not limited to: digital creative (blog, social media and email marketing assets), printed marketing collateral, swag
- Communicate design ideas verbally and visually to team members and internal stakeholders
- Address and interpret stakeholder edits that result in an optimal finished product
- Work with the design team on developing and maintaining brand standards, ensuring a high level of quality and establishing a consistent look and feel across materials
- 2+ years of professional graphic design experience (can be freelance positions during school)
- Experience designing for web, as well as print
- Basic HTML/CSS reading and writing ability
- Expertise in Sketch and Adobe Creative Suite
- Portfolio demonstrating your experience developing concepts into campaigns
- A deep understanding of composition, balance, symmetry, and white space
- Refined aesthetic sense, strong typography skills and a keen eye for detail
- Basic knowledge of print design, pre-press and commercial print processes
- Special consideration will be given to candidates who additionally demonstrate illustration skills.
Summer provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.