ABOUT THE TEAM AND ROLE
theSkimm makes it easier to live a smarter life. We started as two friends on a couch and have since purchased more couches and gotten new friends, er... employees. Skimm HQ works hard but knows when to take breaks and when it's time to update the Spotify playlist. We drink the kool-aid but know we're drinking it. Through our suite of products, we are disrupting routines and information consumption one Skimm'r at a time. Come join us, we're changing things.
The design team at theSkimm consists of ambitious, collaborative, and thoughtful designers, who work closely on all things related to theSkimm brand. We feel passionate and excited about designing products that millions of people touch on a daily basis. This role is a key member of the team, working directly with the brand strategy and creative team on campaigns. The ideal candidate has a sophisticated aesthetic, extensive experience in presentation design (ideally at a progressive creative agency) and is comfortable working at a fast pace under short lead deadlines. You will be working with several areas of design such as typography, iconography, color, space and texture. You will use your knowledge, expertise and skills in all these fields to assist our sales team in creating visually engaging sales materials and mocks for brand partners.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Working in collaboration with our brand strategy, sales and creative team to turn advertising stories and ideas into powerful and beautiful dynamic visual presentations and brand collateral
- Come up with new, creative ways for the sales team to pitch ideas to clients, evolving existing templates and concepting new ones
- Concepting and designing creative for campaigns cross-functionally across the organization
- Innovate with the design team on evolving our visual language and brand.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 2+ years of design experience, preferably at a progressive creative agency
- BFA degree is preferred
- Expert knowledge and experience with Keynote
- Presentation Design-focused experience, preferably within an agency environment
- Proficient in Adobe Suite: Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop
- Data and information design experience
- A sound design aesthetic with a solid understanding of typography and composition, and grids.
- An understanding of theSkimm's unique brand aesthetic and mission.
- The ability to refine other people’s ideas and come up with new ones to create a highly designed visual experience
- Can work collaboratively with a team, independently and under close direction
- Self-learning, able to learn new tools quickly and work in a fast evolving environment
WHAT WOULD SET YOU APART
- Passion for theSkimm's brand and products
- A strong understanding of our target demo since you read theSkimm every day.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability Insurances, starting on your first day!
- Competitive salary & equity packages alongside annual performance reviews aimed at rewarding and recognizing our diverse talents
- A flexible vacation policy and generous holiday observances
- 'MassMutual' 401(k) program
- Free 'One Medical' Membership
- Free 'Headspace' Membership
- Subsidized family planning and fertility benefits through 'Carrot Fertility'
- Up to $400 in annual gym-membership reimbursement
- Collaborative office space with a mix of snacks, seltzer, caffeine and a pretty sweet roof deck
- Catered meals and drinks during our weekly "Sip’n Skimm" all-hands meeting and twice-monthly "Skimm'e A Drink!" happy hour
- The opportunity to be part of a friendly, hardworking and diverse group of people building a membership company that makes it easier to live smarter.
Please include portfolio link in all applications.
This is a full-time role based in New York, NY.