Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
The brand team is a friendly group of talented designers on a mission to create visual experiences that developers love. The team is responsible for fueling our world-class brand identity with eye-catching, beautiful, original work that consistently delights and inspires the developer audience to grow with DigitalOcean. We are passionate about simplifying complex concepts into elegant, on-brand customer experiences while always looking for creative ways to evolve our brand identity to the next level. The Brand team is responsible for maintaining consistent quality across all design, for both internal and external assets.
We want people who are passionate about being high performing team players who embrace new challenges and go the extra mile.
As a designer on the brand team, you will deliver successful brand design projects by understanding stakeholder business and communication goals, and translating them into unique creative solutions. You will focus on producing the best possible assets and outcomes. To elevate and affirm the brand with every creation.
You have broad knowledge and skills in visual design, interactive design, typography, illustration, and production. And you are a problem solver that can take limited direction, proactively seek out answers to critical questions and synthesize multiple information streams into actionable and effective work.
You are someone who actively influences your own development. You’re looking for a team where you have the opportunity to grow and seek out new ways to contribute to your field, your colleagues, the company and its mission. You’re seeking a transparent, collaborative environment in which to thrive.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Design web pages, web and social ads, traditional collateral, swag and events experiences
- Simultaneously advance multiple projects in different environments, ensuring that all touchpoints and interactions with DO are consistent and align with our brand
- Work with stakeholders and teammates to ensure briefs are complete and well understood
- Share work within the creative team and with stakeholders in a way that encourages collaboration, drives rapid feedback cycles and keeps projects moving fluidly
- Capture nuanced feedback into action items, effectively resolve conflicting inputs
- Embrace flexibility in working with a full spectrum of project types and timelines, from well planned large scale halo pieces to urgent churn-and-burn production work
- Help drive the direction of DigitalOcean’s brand with your design and creative work
What We’ll Expect From You:
- Own design projects from brief through concept and iteration to production
- Demonstrate a passion for modern, thoughtful and well organized design
- Exhibit stylistic breadth, attention to detail, and ability to balance beauty, innovation and usability
- Show versatile experience with visual web design along with some UX and traditional brand design
- Prove facility in translating high level and abstract ideas into unique, comprehensible visuals
- Expertise with Sketch, Illustrator, Photoshop and Indesign
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC and Cambridge and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to onboard in-office and take an all-expenses paid trip to our annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our Marketing team? Clickhere!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!