Designer at Candid™
Greater NYC Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 9:05 a.m. (EST) on Monday, June 29, 2020
Candid is redefining oral health by using modern technology to help deliver human-focused care. With a commitment to creating the best outcomes, Candid inspires confidence and promotes wellbeing. We believe that high-quality orthodontics should be affordable and accessible, and we’re pioneering an innovative approach to diagnosing, treating, and monitoring cases remotely. Our team is a group of startup veterans with experience across healthcare, hospitality, tech, and finance at companies such as Lyft, BCG, Airbnb, Blackstone, and Clover Health.
We’re looking for an experienced marketing and communications designer to help us frame Candid's story and how we visually communicate it to the world. You ideally have impeccable taste and are trained in typography, graphic design, photography and videography, content layout and design and even have a penchant for great copywriting. Your entire body of work will be framed in the context of what consumers see across every channel, including, emails, digital and physical ads, social media, high converting landing pages on the Candid website, brochures, and other artifacts important to our marketing efforts. You’ll own your projects and collaborate closely with our marketing and brand design teams. You will report directly to our Creative Director and Executive Creative Director.
What You'll Do
- Contribute to your team’s creative process - bring strong creative ideas and execution to the table.
- Design across all channels of communication design including social media, emails, digital ads, billboards and retail-space artifacts.
- Conduct photo and video shoots for various ads and campaigns.
- Help maintain and refine the distinct visual language for Candid’s marketing artifacts and all visual design including photo and video editing to match it to Candid’s brand.
- Contribute to and maintain and well-designed library of marketing assets that can be repurposed at any time. The library will include source files for ads, edited photos, videos, voice-overs, illustrations etc.
- Help create all digital and print artifacts that will be used to assist in marketing and sales efforts such as, t-shirts, stickers, mugs, brochures, business cards and decks/presentations.
- Work with our research team and spending time with customers and prospective customers; you’ll make a concerted effort to talk to them to understand their needs, their objections and how they see our product fitting into their lives.
What You'll Need
- 3+ years of work experience in design or similar roles
- A portfolio of work that clearly articulates your taste and thought process, not just final design work.
- Strong sensibilities in typography, graphic design, and content design.
- Ability to be objective about your work and knowing that sometimes (most times) just because something looks good, it doesn’t mean it is good. You’ll also need to be comfortable opening yourself up to feedback from your colleagues.
- A high degree of comfort with iterative design practices to ship optimal versions of your creative over time.
- Demonstrable experience collaborating with product managers, marketing and sale
Pay & Perks
- Competitive compensation and equity in the business
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Easy access to work - right off the R & W line, and a short walk from the B, D, F, M, N, Q, 1, and 6 trains
- Commuter benefits
- Significant discount on our customized treatment plans and aligners
- You will grow a lot here. You’ll be surrounded by employees with deep experience in their field, who have a strong passion for doing great work and constantly learning
We continuously strive to create and maintain a diverse and inclusive environment, and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Additionally, this organization participates in E-Verify.
Read Full Job Description