Discovery hires the very best and brightest talent who are enthusiastic and passionate to fulfill the company’s mission of empowering people to explore their world and satisfy their curiosity.
In exchange for their talent and drive, employees are provided with an engaging, diverse workplace and the resources they need to learn, thrive and grow in their careers.
About Discovery Direct-to-Consumer
Discovery's Digital group is a well-funded start-up within Discovery, Inc. We are fast, nimble, and have fun developing new, innovative, and immersive digital products and content for iconic brands. We are working at the crossroads of technology, entertainment, and everyday utility. As content creators across the digital ecosystem, we continuously leverage our technology to create immersive viewing and interactive experiences.
We tell engaging stories to millions of viewers across the Internet every day and bring new interactive experiences to life to not only entertain but improve the lives of our customers. Most recently, our group is behind the launch of discovery+, Discovery’s global streaming service, serving as the definitive destination for real life entertainment with the largest ever content offering at launch, which debuted in the
U.S. on January 4, 2021.
About the Role
You will design, develop, and execute the creative vision, strategy and artwork for our global DTC and network products, platforms, and partner channels. You will use your creativity to assist in the delivery of key art, product brand guides, platform campaigns and integrations for our customer-facing products that engage, delight and resonate with fans of Discovery+, Discovery, HGTV, Food Network, Travel Channel, Science, ID, OWN and more. You thrive in a customer focused, customer obsessed environment using research, data and brand instinct to design experiences people connect with. You will be responsible for driving groundbreaking brand and creative campaigns, product marketing, and sales integrations across our product, platform, services, partners and channel experiences. You will assist in delivering a consistent visual tone and impactful creative brand through collaboration with stakeholders, networks, content and marketing teams, that resonates with our consumers.
• Hands on team player that can work easily with multiple stakeholders including Design, Product, Business, Data & Research, Project Management, Marketing, Networks and Sales.
• Experience working in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects and deadlines.
• Passionate self-starter with high-level of initiative, strong sense of ownership and a disciplined approach to quality and its effect on the intended audience.
• Strong oral and written skills, and able to present to small and mid-sized groups including Design, Marketing, Production, Product Teams, and Stakeholders.
• Drive and passion to deliver the best experience for consumers with a track record to deliver compelling experiences.
• High confidence working on multi-platform consumer focused product ecosystems.
1. Work with your team to provide creative concepts and deliverables across our products, platforms & services.
2. Execute successful multi-platform designs and project delivery.
3. Manage mid to large-scale creative campaigns for global product & platform experiences.
4. Manage products, brands and project plans with multiple workstream dependencies.
5. Demonstrate the highest creative and design standards; providing clear direction to team members and stakeholders.
6. Identify gaps and anticipate risks; take actions to address design risks & determine solutions.
7. Inspire/mentor others on design teams and other creative teams within the organization.
8. Participate in creative concepts for new initiatives, including product art, websites, in-app screens and campaigns.
9. Maintain consistent standards and quality across all brand representations while advocating for the user experience.
• 3+ years experience in digital creative, marketing and/or product design fields.
• BA or higher degree in Visual Communications, Digital Creative or related fields.
• Proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe Suite, Sketch, Zeplin and/or other tools.
• Understanding of interaction design, process, usability, accessibility, and information architecture.
• Understanding of product development, CSS, HTML and platforms including web, mobile and connected tv devices.
• Diverse portfolio showcasing the ability to work across entertainment and brands.
• The ability to quickly adapt to working with multiple publishing platforms and tools.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to present information clearly.
• Consumer Electronics, Entertainment & Lifestyle Product experience are ideal.
• Must have strong portfolio showcasing a broad range of Brand, Creative, and Design Process.
• Excellent organizational skills, with emphasis on assessing priorities when dealing with global deadlines.
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Discovery Communications, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including but not limited to all local Fair Chance Ordinances.
EEO is the Law
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application process, please send an email request to [email protected]