Director, Creative and Brand Design at BentoBox (Greater NYC Area, NY or Remote)
About BentoBox & Our Mission
The BentoBox Marketing and Commerce Platform delivers a seamless guest experience dedicated to accelerating growth and helping restaurants thrive. Restaurant concepts worldwide rely on BentoBox as their digital front door for elevated design, built-in marketing tools, actionable data, and a best-in-class customer experience that’s built for growth. BentoBox is trusted and loved by industry leaders such as José Andrés’s ThinkFoodGroup, Danny Meyer’s Union Square Hospitality Group, Emmy Squared, Suerte, and The Meatball Shop.
Our mission is to empower the world's restaurants to succeed in their mission of hospitality.
About the Role: BentoBox is seeking a Director of Creative and Brand Design to join our rapidly growing team. This position will be an integral part of our Marketing team, and will report directly to the CMO. You’ll play a critical role in overseeing the creative strategy and brand design across channels, as well as building, leading and mentoring a team of world class designers. To be a great fit, you display a deep understanding of business needs and goals by rooting all decisions through the lens of impact and results. You lead by example, jumping in to assist with design whenever needed.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead creative and design strategy for product launches, go-to-market campaigns, and large scale demand generation campaigns
- Translate brand and product strategy into innovative and results-driven creative concepts
- Review, vet, and approve all design deliverables to ensure the highest quality standards are met
- Create the visual brand system and playbook
- Evangelize the brand across multiple channels, and guide cross-functional teams and agencies to ensure brand design is reflected consistently
- Partner with Talent and Brand teams to ensure a consistent and best-in-class employer brand
- Roll up your sleeves and contribute as a designer when needed
- Implement a creative process that prioritizes work on multiple tight deadlines, emphasizing creativity, attention to detail, and efficiency
- Develop scalable design systems and templating frameworks for repeatable deliverables
- Hire and onboard quality design talent, elevating a culture of design and creativity in the organization
- Uphold BentoBox’s core mission, vision, and principles
Experience We’re Looking For:
- 8+ years of experience with digital/web marketing design
- 3+ years of experience leading a design team
- Strong leadership, communication and collaboration skills
- Experience leading development of goal-driven, integrated marketing campaigns
- You are naturally curious and look at the world through an analytical lens; decisions are results-driven and rooted in data
- More than just a keen eye for design and great taste: you design with purpose and with audience in mind
- Deep experience in multiple channels: online, print, video, social, email, etc - with examples to support breadth of expertise
- Highly energetic and ambitious
- Passionate about the restaurant industry and helping owners and operators thrive in a digital world
- Applicants must submit an online portfolio to be considered
Perks of Joining Us:
We’re building a hybrid workforce, all or most of our roles can be worked remotely, regardless of location, unless specified.
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefit plans to suit your unique needs
- 401(k) and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
- Generous time off programs including paid parental leave
- Holistic wellness program
- Employee resource groups
- Professional development, growth and support
- Opportunity to work with a passionate team making a positive impact on the hospitality community
BentoBox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.