The Director of Brand & Creative will lead concept development and creative execution across all of our major brand touchpoints, translating insights and intuitions into winning creative that builds our brand and drives results. You will lead a team of designers and copywriters while working closely with our digital product, merchandising, and growth marketing teams. Your success will link directly to key business objectives including increased brand awareness, customer engagement, and loyalty. As a digital-first brand, we rely upon creative differentiation to tell our story across in an increasingly crowded marketplace. We look forward to your passion connecting with consumers in non-obvious and creative ways.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Graphic Design / Art Direction: Lead creative direction and campaign concepting with a team of graphic and digital designers; ensure that lifestyle / product photo shoots align with marketing briefs while maintaining creative independence.
- Copywriting / Content Development: Set strategy and direction for the copy team to maximize effectiveness of content across all touchpoints including ads, website, in store signage, direct mail, radio voiceovers, as well as blogs, how-to-guides, and other branded content venues.
- Outside Agencies: Serve as relationship lead for external agencies including production, photo shoots, budgets, economics, and team workflows.
- Leadership / Strategy: Provide career development and mentorship for the creative team; set strategy and budget that aligns with business objectives; improve workflows between creative services and key internal customers including performance marketing, product / merchandising, digital product and corporate.
WHAT WILL SET YOU UP FOR SUCCESS:
- 10+ years of experience, preferably including Associate Creative Director or Creative Director experience on the agency or brand-side
- You are detail oriented and obsessed with pixels and punctuation, but you also understand the big picture for the campaign objective and brand
- You are not afraid to be bold but are also receptive to input from cross functional partners
- You enjoy inspiring, managing, and mentoring creative talent
- You're passionate about understanding our current and prospective customers and figuring out creative ways to engage them
- You understand the importance of data to help guide creative efforts and are comfortable using it to help inform direction
- You're on top of the latest cultural trends but never succumb to passing fads
- You have strong brand and creative instincts
- You are extremely organized and adept at managing timelines, budgets and reporting
- You have experience managing and getting results out of agency and strategic partners.
- You have a thick skin, sense of humor and a collaborative spirit
WHAT MAKES US SPECIAL
- We give a shit! - We care. We’re slightly obsessive. We sweat every detail. We fight for what we think is best for Mack Weldon and our customers.
- We put our money where our mouth is - We own our words. We own our actions. We own our mistakes.
- We solve problems - You won’t find us waiting around for someone else to fix a problem, if we can get our hands on it first.
- We won’t sacrifice the future for a quick win - We wait for the second marshmallow.
- It’s all about the people! - Relationships over transactions.
- World-class insurance – Top of the line health insurance paid for by Mack Weldon
- Open vacation policy – Unlimited vacation and sick days to use as needed
- Competitive salary – Compensation includes a competitive salary and employee stock options
- Great location – Right in the heart of Manhattan with easy access to 14 different subway lines
- Free Mack Weldon Gear – Free new product launches and year-round employee discount code
- Office Snacks & Drinks – Fully stocked office fridge and pantry with free lunch on Fridays
- Thursday Happy Hour – Beer fridge, wine rack, liquor cabinet, and a spread of tasty treats