Director of Design
Greater NYC Area
At HyperScience, we use machine learning to automate menial data entry work for large organizations so that they can serve their end-users better, cheaper, and faster. Our customers receive a wide variety of documents like life insurance applications, paystubs, utility bills, insurance claims etc -- today these have to be reviewed manually. We’re on a mission to change that. With deep experience in building machine learning backed products that deliver real value in the enterprise, we are leveraging the latest advances in deep learning technology to finally automate many of these manual processes.
Our product is already deployed and delivering value to large, blue-chip organizations in financial services and insurance -- we are looking for people who are excited to help us build upon this foundation and scale our product to many more customers.
As Director of Design, you will lead HyperScience’s product design and user research functions. You’ll partner with Product and Engineering leadership to set our overall product vision, strategy, and customer experience, and you’ll lead and develop a strong team of designers and researchers to deliver on those goals. Your work will include building the infrastructure we need to deliver consistent customer experiences - establishing solid, foundational research practices.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with Product, Engineering, Marketing, and Customer Success leadership to develop the product strategy that will help us to achieve our company objectives
- Provide mentorship and direction for the Product Design team
- Partner closely with the Product and Engineering teams to build cross-functional teams that can deliver product and service solutions that solve for users problems
- Drive strategic initiatives and establish scalable processes that allow team members to focus and do their best work
- Define and build our user research capabilities to ensure that we have the knowledge we need to make informed product decisions
- Grow the Product Design team by anticipating hiring needs and recruiting the best individual contributors and managers
- Build, foster and advocate a design culture across the company
Who you are:
- A Product Design expert; experience crafting product and design visions and strategies and the ability to motivate others to independently execute those strategies.
- The ability to bring simplicity to complex problems
- A user-centric and data-informed approach to product design, with a focus on user feedback and data insights and a background in both qualitative and quantitative methodologies
- A team builder who’s also a cross-functional leader
- The drive to continue learning and developing
- At least 5 years leading design teams at a technology company
- Experience in crafting design visions and strategies - and the ability to motivate others to independently execute those strategies
- User-centric and data-informed approaches to product design, with a background in qualitative and quantitative methodologies
- The ability to tell the story of our users, advocate for them, and develop an appreciation for their perspectives within the company
- Experience delivering high-quality customer experiences across web based products
- Experience establishing processes to ensure that good design practices are being followed in every part of the product
- Nice to have: Experience leading a Product Design team in an Enterprise SaaS product team.
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive medical and health coverage
- Meaningful equity
- 401k with company match
- 30 days PTO
- Gym membership
- Daily lunch
- A variety of snacks and drinks
HyperScience provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HyperScience complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Read Full Job Description