Director, Instructional Design
Yext is the leading Digital Knowledge Management (DKM) platform. Yext's mission is to give companies control over their brand experiences across the digital universe of maps, apps, search engines, voice assistants, and other intelligent services that drive consumer discovery, decision, and action. Today, thousands of businesses including brands like Taco Bell, Rite Aid, and Steward Health use the Yext Knowledge Engine™ to manage their digital knowledge in order to boost brand engagement, drive foot traffic, and increase sales.
Yext is looking for an Instructional Design Director to manage and grow our Instructional Design team. We are looking for someone who does not mind rolling up their sleeves and doing what it takes to get the job done in addition to managing a team. You will be responsible for the design and develop of blended learning for our internal sales and partner enablement teams as well as OnDemand learning content. The role will be responsible for driving high quality learning experiences for all eLearning and instructor-led programs, virtual classroom design, tool kits, study guides, and performance support aids.
Candidates should have expertise in developing and maintaining strong business relationships, collaborating with other in the design of learning content and have a collaborative style. The role requires demonstrated experience throughout the learning development project life cycle from scoping projects, needs analysis, design and development in addition to learning evaluation. Candidates should also possess excellent writing and verbal communication skills, superior skills in explaining technical topics to novices and strong presentation skills.
- Ability to translate business strategy into the most appropriate learning solution including workflows, simulations, websites, instructor-led virtual and classroom training, videos, and performance support tools
- Experience with adult learning, ADDIE and Kirkpatrick evaluation models
- Experience developing curriculum using multiple synchronous and asynchronous training modalities including instructor-led, micro-learning, blended learning and virtual training materials
- Strong background in the creation of sales enablement content
- Strong eLearning design background
- Creative problem-solving and critical thinking skills, scoping training projects and prioritizing incoming requests
- Experience as part of a virtual team, using technology to contribute and stay connected
- Strong analytic and research skills
- Strong program management skills including the ability to juggle multiple assignments at once
- Passionate about delivering a great customer experience
- Exceptional time management skills and attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree in the learning field (Instructional Design, eLearning, Education, etc.) or 5+ years in a comparable position
- E-Learning design and development experience using software such as Adobe Captivate, Storyline, GoAnimate and Audacity
- Expertise in Adult Learning and the development of solid curriculum design plans
- Expertise in Microsoft Office applications including PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and SharePoint
- Excellent project management skills and attention to detail; able to implement globally and at scale
- Ability to effectively collaborate and influence across organizational boundaries
- Experience in the execution of the learning lifecycle - defining, assessing, measuring, developing, implementing, and reinforcing learning solutions and evaluation.
- Ability to travel up to 20%
- Experience in a global sales enablement environment a must
- Technical training development
- MBA or other advanced degree
- CPLP or other learning/training certification
- 2 or more years Project Management experience
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
Yext offers the following exceptional benefits: competitive compensation, 401k, unlimited snacks, daily meal allowance, flexible hours/paid time off, and excellent health/dental/vision insurance. We treat our employees well and offer tremendous growth opportunities. Challenging work pushes our people to be creative in a casual environment that is caring, fun, and collaborative. We believe that when you have smart, happy people working together you can produce something special.
Yext has been named a Best Place to Work by Fortune and Great Place to Work® as well as a Best Workplace for Women. Yext is headquartered in New York City with offices in Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, Geneva, London, Paris, Tyson's Corner, San Francisco, Shanghai, and Tokyo. Learn more about the Yext team and culture on the muse, our website, and our blog.
Yext is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.