Zocdoc is the tech company at the beginning of a better healthcare experience. Every day, we are driven by our mission to give power to the patient, building products and services that simplify and streamline the overall healthcare journey for patients and providers, delivering the modern healthcare experience they expect and deserve.
Healthcare moves slow. We move fast. Patients deserve speed and convenience.
The safety and health of our employees is our top priority. As such, our return to office plan will follow a phased approach, working towards a hybrid model. Starting in June we opened our NYC office for colleagues on Wednesdays and Thursdays. This is entirely voluntary and includes all of our regular in-office perks such as free lunch. There will not be any mandatory return to office in 2021. Learn more about our return to office philosophy and plans here!
Your Impact on our Mission
As we grow our patient team is looking for a design director to lead our patient team and define the end-to-end experience. Zocdoc's mission is to give power to the patient -- as the design director for the patient team, you will be responsible for the end-to-end patient experience. This includes helping first time users find the right type of care and the provider, or services, that best aligns to their needs. Zocdoc is in a unique place to resolve these problems as we aggregate providers, insurance data, and quality indicators.
As the product expands, you'll be responsible for integrating new features so that the experience is seamless, meaningful, and provides growing value over a user's lifetime. You’ll help lead us, and a team of designers and managers to a point where our users have warranted, deep trust in Zocdoc to connect them with the right care.
You'll enjoy this role if you are
- Excited about growing and leading a team of designers, and take a genuine interest in their career growth.
- A mentor who helps designers confidently take on the design challenges they face daily and continually improve their skills
- A passionate advocate for users, and can think clearly about how to solve their problems and hit business objectives
- Excited about working in healthcare and solving problems for patients who struggle to find the appropriate care.
- Someone who enjoys imagining new futures and can communicate them in concrete, inspiring forms
- A collaborator at heart who can communicate clearly with engineers, product managers, and marketers.
- Obsessed with process and how we refine it so it helps people work more effectively and collaboratively.
Your day to day is…
- Staying close to the ongoing design efforts, and keeping the team focused on quality delivery
- Working with research and product management to define new experiences that align with our business goals
- Providing candid feedback to designers, managers, and your boss
- Reviewing designs, design approaches, research, and roadmaps
- Defining the future patient experience and continuing to shape our vision as we learn more about patients, providers, and the healthcare landscape
- Communicating our both today’s design choices today and the future vision
- Finding ways to pursue the long-terms vision by defining smaller experiments
- Inspiring people to both craft the details and solve big, complex problems
You’ll be successful in this role if you have…
- 8+ years of proven success delivering consumer experiences with strategic impact
- 4+ years of leading and guiding designers within agile teams
- Formal training in design, but experience and broad toolkit is more important
- Experience building and driving adoption of new products
- Experience in hiring and building effective teams
- A talent for persuading and motivating people
- Excellent verbal, written, and visual communication skills
- The ability to earn the trust of others rather than expect it
- Outstanding design skills and the ability to improve those skills in others
- Well honed skills in direction and delegation
- An attention to detail and the ability see those details in the context of a larger journey
- Drive, resilience, and an ability to adapt to new information and situations
Zocdoc is the country’s leading digital health marketplace that helps patients easily find and book the care they need. Each month, millions of patients use our free service to find nearby, in-network providers, compare choices based on verified patient reviews, and instantly book in-person or video visits online. Providers participate in Zocdoc’s Marketplace to reach new patients to grow their practice, fill their last-minute openings, and deliver a better healthcare experience. Founded in 2007 with a mission to give power to the patient, our work each day in pursuit of that mission is guided by our six core values. Zocdoc is a private company backed by some of the world’s leading investors, and we believe we’re still only scratching the surface of what we plan to accomplish.
Zocdoc is a mission-driven organization dedicated to building teams as diverse as the patients and providers we aim to serve. In the spirit of one of our core values - Together, Not Alone, we are a company that prides itself on being highly collaborative, and we believe that diverse perspectives, experiences and contributors make our community and our platform better. We’re an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Applicants are considered for employment regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable laws.