Want to help everyday Americans build wealth? Financial inequality is increasing and too many people are getting left behind. At Stash, we believe in the power of simplifying investing, making it easy and affordable for everyday Americans to build wealth and achieve their financial goals.
We’re one of the fastest growing fintechs in the U.S. and have had another record-breaking year. In 2021 we almost doubled our headcount and valuation. Our personal finance app makes investing easy and affordable; this year 6 million customers set aside more than $3 billion with Stash.
Prioritizing People is one of our core values and has been key to a healthy work-life balance and a great sense of fulfillment and inclusion. We employ a true people first - hybrid model. Live and work where you feel the most productive, whether that is in our home, in an office, or a combination of both. Anywhere in the US or UK.
Let’s solve complex problems and tackle wealth inequality.
As the Director of Product Design, you are responsible for the creation of a frictionless experience that empowers and delights customers particularly as it relates to the top of the funnel.
Reporting to the VP, Product Design and Research, you will shape a clear vision of the future of user experience, pursue forward-thinking design, and deliver at a high bar. You will partner with Product and Engineering teams to develop amazing user experiences that reimagine, innovate, and redefine the financial space. Stash is a fast-paced growth company—join us to work on hard, important problems, have fun, and make history.
What You’ll Do
- Champion and cultivate a culture of user-centered design through every touchpoint in the customer journey.
- Simplify complexity by breaking down tough problems and aligning senior Product leaders on customer-centered solutions.
- Responsible for all phases of product design work: distilling research, ideation, reviews, prototyping, final spec design, and implementation.
- Contribute to strategic roadmaps with cross-functional partners, and manage multiple complex schedules and stakeholders.
- Create positive behavior design thinking, ideas, and solutions to help customers develop healthy financial habits.
- Foster collaborative relationships with Engineering, Product, and Brand Creative to deliver a unified mission and message for our customers.
- Develop repeatable, scalable mechanisms, and approaches to how we do our best work.
- Have the backbone to make tough calls, prioritize work, and stand for quality when products are not ready to ship.
Who You Are
- Human-centered UX design leader that drives strategic product innovation and relentlessly raises the design bar.
- An expert communicator at every level with the ability to flex between influencing executives and inspiring team members.
- An emotionally intelligent (EQ) leader that hires and develops the best, growing, and inspiring designers to push the boundaries of what’s possible.
- Great collaborator and team player - you understand design is a team sport and when we win, we win together.
- Relationship builder that actively develops cross-org partnerships, fosters trust and aligns stakeholders.
- Ability to balance data with customer insights to inform design decisions.
- Thought leader with an entrepreneurial spirit, that will make an imprint on our movement to empower everyday Americans to drive their financial future
What You Bring to the Table
- 12+ years of experience in creating strategy and designing digital products; most recently focused on Activation, Growth & Onboarding work.
- 8+ years of leading teams and managing people.
- Experience working with designers, product management, and engineering.
- Proven track record of delivering successful products.
At Stash it is our mission to help everyday Americans invest and build wealth. That includes people of all races, genders, and abilities, so it is important to us to acknowledge and address the issues of inequality in financial services head on.
Diversity and inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation, and building the best products. Our success is directly related to our employees and we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the customers that we serve. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Stash is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.
If you require any reasonable accommodations to make your application process more accessible please reach out to [email protected].
Invest in Yourself:
- Equity & Stash Accounts [Invest, Retire, Custodial, Bank]
- Flexible PTO
- Learning & Development Fund
- Work from Home Stipends
- Parental Leave [Primary & Secondary]
- BuiltIn’s Best Places to Work (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Forbes Fintech 50 (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Best Digital Bank, Finovate Awards (2020)
- Tearsheet Challenge Awards, Best Banking Card Product - Stock-Back® Card, 2020
- LendIt Fintech Innovator of the Year (2019 & 2020)
**No recruiters, please**