Director, Product Design, PEO Experience at Justworks
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
You are a visionary leader who grows and supports design teams to ensure the product vision comes to life. You are curious about all the possibilities and are determined to uncover the right balance of delivering customer value in an experience that is usable, feasible, and is viable for Justworks. You have a strategic mindset and lean on data to inform and track business goals. An excellent communicator and enthusiastic collaborator who works well with team members, external partners, and senior management. You use communication and presentation skills to engage, inspire and influence.
As a Director, Product Design, you will be responsible for building, managing, and supporting high performing teams as well as continually refining design craft and upholding the quality of our product and experiences throughout the organization as we scale. You will also be responsible for driving the customer experience across the product.Your Success ProfileWhat You Will Work On
- Manage and develop multiple teams of designers and design managers, influencing product direction and roadmaps in support of business objectives.
- Partner with leaders in Engineering, Product Management, Product Marketing, and with design teams across Justworks core product experience to ensure delivery of customer value, product usability, feasibility, and business viability.
- Help designers and design managers grow their skills, knowledge, identifying opportunities to give them more visibility across the organization.
- Define and drive alignment on product design vision, direction, and strategy.
- Understand Justworks’ strategic goals, connecting these to your teams’ missions, weaving them into our product and design strategy to ensure that your teams’ investments and experiments are aligned with the needs of the company.
- Hire and retain top talent, focusing on attracting designers from various backgrounds and perspectives.
As a Director, Product Design, how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately result in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities and personal attributes are anchored in the following competencies:
- Customer focus - builds strong customer relationships and delivers customer-centric solutions.
- Teamwork and communication - putting our collective best together through documentation, collaboration, relationship-building, listening, empathy, recruiting, and evangelism.
- Nimble learning - actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
- Results-driven - consistently achieves results, even under difficult circumstances.
- Creative thinking - discovering new opportunities and solutions for problems by looking beyond current practices and using innovative thinking.
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You're willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you'll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- You have 10+ years of work experience in Product Design for tech/software products, preferably B2B
- You have 4+ years of leading designers
- You are an empathetic listener who can give and receive honest, thoughtful feedback
- You have a proven background in building a high performing team of designers
- You are a strong communicator and storyteller, communicating concepts and ideas in different formats depending on the need, and revise your approach.
- You have a proven ability to solve complex UX problems and product strategy skills to deliver the best visual design solution
- You have a deep understanding of how qualitative and quantitative research inform product and design decisions
- You are adept at influencing and driving alignment on product decisions across functions and levels of seniority
- You are able to present and explain design effectively, regardless of the audience
- You make space for reflection and proactive learning.
- You set high standards for yourself and others and are able to help others meet these with a growth mindset. You create psychological safety for your teams to grow.
- You have a product mindset and track record of working well with and earning the respect of product teams.
- You have deep experience working and a cross functional, Agile-based development environment
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Our DEI Commitment