Founded in 2017, Ro is a patient-driven telehealth company that puts you in control of your health. We’re patients, just like you, building technology to make healthcare accessible, affordable, and maybe even enjoyable. Ro powers three digital health clinics -- Roman for men’s health, Rory for women’s health, and Zero for fighting smoking addiction -- as well as Ro Pharmacy, a simple and affordable online pharmacy where every medication is $5 per month. The company’s nationwide networking of physicians and pharmacies provides a personalized, end-to-end healthcare experience from online treatment to the delivery of medication and ongoing care. Ro was named #2 in Wellness on Fast Company’s 2019 list of the World’s Most Innovative Companies, and listed by Inc. Magazine as a Best Place to Work in 2020.
About the Role
We are looking for a Director of Product Design with a focus on Product Growth to lead the vision, execution and optimization of Ro's core patient experience. You'll be accountable for the end-to-end member journey, from acquiring new members through channels such as GetRoman.com and HelloRory.com, to assessing patients’ health needs in our online visits and delivering on-going value through their Ro account. As a leader within the broader Design team at Ro, you'll report directly to the VP, Design and work closely with other Directors to strengthen design processes and culture, and promote design thinking in every area of our organization.
What You'll Do
- You'll collaborate with counterparts from the Tech Org (Product Design, Product, Engineering and Data) to translate business objectives into design goals using the needs of our patients as a north star.
- You'll establish design vision and strategy, both holistically and pursuant to key areas of focus, including: acquisition, conversion and retention. You'll play a prominent role in moving from strategy to execution, as an internal thought leader and key facilitator of the design process. In addition to continuous improvement of existing products and services, you'll help launch new and innovative health care experiences on the Ro platform.
- You'll help scale Product Design at Ro, both by hiring and developing the existing team. You'll build upon our 2+ years of established design culture: first by understanding the whys and hows of our operation, our mission, and our values, then by adding your perspective and creating a space for others to continually share their own.
- You'll help prioritize and guide Design and Tech Org initiatives, such our design systems, our dedication to accessibility and others, and drive them towards meaningful milestones.
- You'll foster cross-functional relationships outside the Tech Org, including Medical, Growth, Marketing, Strategy and others.
What You’ll Bring:
- Prior design management experience in a Product Growth role or environment, with a track record of managing effective teams of 5 more Product Designers, UX Researchers and other design roles.
- An ability to seamlessly flip between the language of business (CAC, AOV, LTV) and design. From this perspective, you're able to set meaningful goals and objectives for your team, and advocate for important design decisions to company leadership pursuant to those measures.
- As a mentor and coach to Designers and Researchers, you're adept at giving and receiving feedback that improves design outcomes and fosters learning. You are obsessed with creating the right circumstances and conditions for design to deliver value, and for individuals to create meaningful, career-defining work.
- As a leader you are selfless and view your position as a Director as an opportunity to serve others. You deploy your team in a way that shares decision making, encourages ownership and autonomy, and drives engagement. You recognize great design work and inspire others to achieve higher levels of excellence.
- A deep understanding of user-centric problem solving, design thinking and the full-cycle of the product development process. Your knowledge is rooted in experience as an expert practitioner of multiple design disciplines, which may include: service design, user experience design, interaction design, information architecture, user interface design, visual design, research and others.
- Empathy for our patients, current and future, as well as teammates and internal users of our products, such as in-house pharmacists, doctors and care team members.
Benefits + Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance + OneMedical membership
- Healthcare and Dependent Care FSA
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Fitness reimbursement
- Paid maternity/parental leave
- A never-ending supply of office snacks + coffee + tea
- The cutest office dog you’ve ever seen
We welcome qualified candidates of all races, creeds, genders, and sexuality to apply.
Read Full Job Description