Please note: All roles at Rhino are remote, and there will be no future in-office mandate.
Our mission is to give renters everywhere greater financial freedom to plan and enjoy their lives.
Our first product eliminates cash security deposits and puts more money back in renters’ pockets. With over $45 billion tied up in security deposits for 110 million renters in the United States alone, it’s time for security deposits to officially become a thing of the past. Tying up money at one of life’s biggest and most expensive moments just isn’t fair.
So we threw out the antiquated “way of doing things” and built a technology-driven insurance product to help bring renting into the 21st century. With Rhino, millions of renters across the country now have the opportunity to save with our award-winning deposit insurance. We’ve already saved hundreds of millions of dollars for renters and are trusted in over 1 million homes nationwide, and most importantly, we’re just getting started...In this role you will:
- Lead, develop, nurture and recruit an exceptional team of Product Designers & User Researchers
- Own the design and research process and culture that will create forward momentum on our long-term product strategy and optimize our user experience
- Partner with your cross-functional peers to inform the product roadmap and ensure a seamless product development process from discovery to launch
- Provide leadership and design direction within your team and across the organization with clear rationale for design decisions
- Effectively communicate your team's product goals and business impact both within the team and outside the team
- 7-10 years of experience in Product Design or UX, with deep knowledge of processes and standards
- 2+ years of experience growing and managing a team of designers
- Experience hiring and onboarding designers
- Experience scaling a design team based on company growth and needs
- Experience working with cross functional teams and building relationships that allows you to unblock Product Designers
Rhino is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees, and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rhino are without regard to race, color, age, religion or belief, sexual orientation, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rhino has a zero-tolerance policy against discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. This includes recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.