Director of Product Design at Bread
Bread is a technology company that aims to transform the world of paper credit card applications and hidden interest rates by providing leading point-of-sale financing options for merchants across the e-commerce journey. We build tools, technologies and APIs that allow merchants to integrate an installment loan financing and checkout experience anywhere in their customers’ shopping journey. Bread was started in 2015 by financial technology veterans, and has experienced explosive growth to date. We’re backed by top investors including Menlo Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, Kinnevik, among others.
We’re hiring a Director of Product Design to lead a talented group of Product Designers and Brand & Communications Designers at Bread. We are looking for a leader who combines creative vision, coaching and mentoring, and a focus on executional excellence.
At Bread, we build products that transform the way consumers pay for their purchases and help retailers grow their businesses. As the leader of the Design team at Bread, you will evolve the Design team’s processes and practices in pursuit of that mission. You’ll be part of a close-knit Product and Design team that plays an important role in shaping the future of Bread, reporting into the Head of Product.
NOTE: Please submit a link to your portfolio to be considered for this position.
- Inspire, lead, manage, and expand a team of talented Product Designers and Brand & Communications Designers
- Mentor and coach rising talent
- Champion a strong, consistent point of view on the consumer’s and merchant’s experience at each stage in their journeys
- Maintain a practical focus on agile squad execution while also leading product discovery efforts for new initiatives
- Build intuition and vision of our core user problems and opportunities for innovation
- Evolve and operationalize the right design processes that allows for innovation, testing, and collaboration while also shipping product
- Work closely with the Marketing, Sales and Partnerships teams to ensure consistency between our experiences and our brand expression in other channels
- Partner closely with the Head of Product on overall product strategy and direction
- Nurture a culture that promotes and values design throughout Bread
- 10+ years of experience designing digital products
- Interest in and experience developing talent at all levels
- Established track record of building Design Teams at multiple stages of company growth
- Demonstrated ability to drive measurable improvement through evolving B2B and B2C experiences
- Experience leading the entire product design process, from early problem discovery through prototyping to post launch enhancements, balancing product discovery and design execution
- Ability to operate strategically and collaboratively with senior executives
- Even better if you have experience leading Design in FinTech/Lending or other regulated industries