Director or Product Design
Compensation - $150-175k
All great things start small. SwagUp was born in our founder’s mom’s garage 3 years ago with a mission to make swag buying simple and the rest is history! What started as a small idea to create a brand for swag turned into a multi-million dollar technology company that is rapidly expanding.
SwagUp is an API-First platform for creating and distributing high quality branded merchandise. Everyone loves swag, until they are tasked with the logistical nightmare that is procuring and distributing it. We curate the highest quality products and make them accessible through one easy to use platform that can be used company-wide.
Our user experience is what sets us apart from the legacy suppliers in this $30 Billion industry. We work to eliminate all of the friction in the swag buying and distribution process, digitizing the supply chain and putting the power in the users hands to control the process from end to end.
Top companies utilize SwagUp technology to automate onboarding processes, client retention, giveaways, new hire gifts, anniversaries, among other use cases.
We are on a mission to streamline and digitize the entire swag supply chain and make it accessible through the most user-friendly interfaces, and we do this all while maintaining a culture of performance and fun. SwagUp is truly a team all working towards a common goal and we have very ambitious goals. To the moon!
As a Director of Product Design at SwagUp, you will be a key player in ensuring our customers have a flawless user experience from start to finish on our site/platform!
You’ll be working with technology, product and data to continuously elevate the customer journey by focusing on user insights and strategic roadmap initiatives.
You will own user research, our design system, design process, UI/UX, and manage and grow our UI/UX team, which is currently composed of two junior designers.
You’ll be fundamental in crafting compelling user flows that are simple, intuitive and geared towards solving user problems and pain points. The world of custom swag and logistics is somewhat complicated and we aim to break it down in the most intuitive ways possible. Many of the problems we are solving are unique to this industry and require creative solutions.
An ideal candidate for this role takes full ownership of the design delivery process by presenting ideas and designs based on business requirements and is key in the development stage in working side by side with engineers, and is willing to roll up their sleeves and design as well. We encourage a natural curiosity towards what new UX trends and technologies are available to continuously set our product apart.
This role is perfect for you if you are detail-oriented, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and love collaborating across teams! Individuals will thrive in this role if they like to buck the status quo, are organized, can manage a team, are empathic, and have strong opinions that can be backed by logic and first principles.
- Own the design process, present and iterate design solutions to internal and external stakeholders.
- Coordinate the delivery of design across the various product discovery stages including: wireframes, flow diagrams mockups and prototypes.
- Take high level requirements and turn them into highly functional proof of concepts.
- Contribute to design systems to improve product usability and visual appearance.
- Use data and feedback to make informed decisions with the product and technology team.
- Partner with product managers to perform user research.
- Lead a small team (2+ you) of UI/UX designers
- At least 5 years of design experience.
- Experience managing other designers.
- Problem solvers or someone who loves to build new ideas from start to finish.
- Ability to coordinate multiple ongoing projects.
- Experience presenting designs to internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to use design practices and data to defend design decisions and propositions.
- Ability to quickly iterate on designs based on feedback.
- Experience collaborating with product manager, engineers and cross-functional stakeholder.
- Experience working with tools such as Figma, Zeplin and Invision.
- Ecommerce and SaaS experience preferred
What Success Looks Like
- Establishing and reinforcing design processes from ideation to delivery.
- Advocating for consistent design patterns.
- Creating a collaborative and iterative internal design culture.
- Speeding up the design process while also delivering better outcomes for users
- Building a world-class design team and culture
- Wake up each morning proud of the place you work and the amazing companies you get to partner with
- Join the team at a time when you can help shape the future of the company
- Exceptional compensation with uncapped upside
- Unlimited PTO, we are all adults, you’re in control
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- Lots of swag!
- A performance culture that rewards results and promotes those that perform, quickly
- Being part of an organization that truly believes in promoting from within, at SwagUp your growth potential is uncapped!
SwagUp welcomes and celebrates talent from all backgrounds and perspectives. Our success is directly correlated to our people, and we believe our team should reflect the diversity of the companies we partner with. As an organization, we strive to foster an inclusive, diverse environment where we all work towards a common goal! #tothemoon