Want to help people get the financial protection they need — and feel confident in their choices? Policygenius is a NYC-based tech startup that makes it easy to compare and buy all types of insurance online. Since 2014, we’ve become the nation's leading insurance marketplace, raising over $52 million of venture capital and helping more than 5 million people get vital coverage for their families.
We're growing rapidly and looking for people with grit, great attitudes and creative problem-solving skills to join our powerhouse team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of INC's best workplaces two years in a row!
About the role...
Is insurance really a creative opportunity? Not usually. But Policygenius is different. As a startup pitting itself against the behemoths of the industry, doing great work is key to our success. It’s also a lot more fun than making boring work.
As our first Editorial Designer, you’ll report in to our Senior Art Director and work with our Creative team to make Policygenius a household name. You’ll create editorial design assets for all digital content, including the Policygenius Magazine, educational content, paid social and more.
- Concept and design engaging content for all digital channels
- Build our visual tone alongside our verbal tone, and differentiate Pg in the marketplace
- Take an idea from strategy, to insight, right through to finished asset
- Collaborate with our Marketing and Design teams to evolve our brand experience and present and communicate your visions clearly across departments
- Use creative thinking and initiative to analyze performance and make recommendations on content design or features to improve the effectiveness of our content
- Identify and proactively pursue new marketing opportunities
- Help maintain visual consistency across all marketing efforts
- A portfolio of strong ideas, beautifully executed
- 2-4 years professional experience in editorial design
- Excellent design skills, with a strong grasp of editorial techniques
- Fluency with the Adobe Creative Suite on a Mac platform, with specific expertise in Photoshop, Illustrator, and Indesign. AfterEffects is a plus.
- Strong layout, illustration, graphic design, and typography skills
- The ability to translate creative concepts into strong visual storytelling
- BS degree in Design, Fine Art, Film, or related field
- A sense of humor lol
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship
- Some fun surprises when you join… (Shhh… It’s a secret!)