Environmental Graphic Designer
The Environmental Graphic Designer will be charged with designing unique environmental experiences. S/he will develop creative and strategic solutions to enhance the brand experience of our physical spaces. The Designer must have a passion for developing exceptional graphic, industrial, and experiential design, both static and dynamic. They must have a strong understanding of how size, scale, color, proportion, materiality, and finish are appropriate for a variety of interior and exterior environmental solutions.
This unique position requires a self-starting innovative creative thinker who pays close attention to art direction and extension, typography and legibility, brand stewardship, and multi-dimensional design development and implementation. Design assignments may include the integration of digital media and the development of digital content.
Knotel’s team embraces curiosity, integrity, hospitality and tenacious problem-solving, and the Environmental Graphic Designer will contribute to this culture while pushing us to innovate and do our best work. For a sneak peak of some Knotel spaces, see here.
What You’ll Do
- Design graphics, branded environment, and signage that connect people to place
- Collaborate with architects, designers, and clients on all aspects of the design process
- Conduct research and generate multiple initial concepts to help solve a variety of problems for our clients
- Integrate messaging, color, imagery, type and composition into two and three-dimensional built environments
Who You Are
You already know you thrive at a start ups and you want to take your design experience to the next level at a fast growing and mission driven company. You love making beautiful things, but you are equally excited about developing and and rolling out scalable systems.
- 3+ years in corporate identity and environmental design experience
- Experience in application of wayfinding strategy and signage packages
- Firm knowledge of: Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop; Microsoft Office Suite; Sketchup or other graphic design modeling software; Presentation software such as PowerPoint or Keynote.
- Knowledge of / interest in learning: Sign Agent Pro, CAD, Revit
- Experience designing to local / national signage codes and ordinances
- Strong design aesthetic and typography skills
- Effective written, visual, verbal and presentation communication skills (internal team and client-facing)
Knotel is the world’s leading flexible workspace provider that gets, fits, fills and manages space for customers. Knotel caters to established and growing companies, giving them the freedom to focus on their business, culture, and people. With over 4 million square feet across 200 locations in three continents, Knotel is transforming commercial real estate and moving companies forward.
Knotel was founded in 2016 by Amol Sarva and Edward Shenderovich to give businesses the flexibility and speed to scale on their own terms. All Knotel spaces are tailored to the needs of each individual company by an in-house team of architects, interior designers, and workplace strategists. For more information, please visit www.knotel.com.
Our Core Values
- Fly your Flag - Don’t check your identity at the door. Bring it inside - we are better for it.
- Don’t Look Away - Care for the details no one told you about. Make every space a home and give the gift of belonging.
- Outcomes, Not Processes - Time is precious. Save it. Start with the goal and back out the journey
- Get Uncomfortable - Innovation starts at the edge of the unknown. Embrace the adventure and sign up for the hairy challenges.
- “Where is it Engraved…” - Question orthodoxy.
- Share in the Victory Dance - No one summits alone. Leverage the best in others and offer the most in yourself.
Diversity & Inclusion at Knotel
At Knotel, we know that a diverse workforce fosters our individual and collective success. We are committed to building an inclusive, collaborative culture where people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, and religious backgrounds can do their best work. This is all fueled by our employees, who drive the efforts and initiatives outlined here.