Freelance Apparel Technical Designer at Peloton
ABOUT THE ROLE
Peloton is seeking a Freelance Apparel Technical Designer to join our team in New York, NY
- Create and maintain accurate and detailed technical packages for apparel development & production.
- Lead fittings on a live fit model using technical knowledge to determine corrections needed.
- Effectively Communicate fit and construction corrections to the factory
- Establish and issue grade rules and construction details for all garments
- Partner with production in testing and performance requirements
- Collaborate closely with cross functional partners to create alignment in product design and fit
- Self manage your workflow to ensure deliverables are met for development and production
- Proactively follow up on samples with production team and factories to ensure that time and action calendar is followed.
- Meet with suppliers seasonally in coordination with production to manage quality of all trim components and ensure standards / performance are met
- Schedule and prepare for weekly fittings, manage fit model invoices
- Partner in weekly development meetings to report on technical design deliverables
- Be a right hand to production & merchandising partners development through production to develop and product apparel with consistency and integrity
- Conduct market research and pull seasonal factory research on innovation in construction, manufacturing techniques and best product practices
- 7+ years of experience in technical design, active product preferred
- Working knowledge of patterns, fit, construction, active product preferred
- A go getter with a positive, no task too big or too small attitude
- Strong understanding of fabrics, garment construction and garment testing
- Efficient, organized, detail oriented with strong time management skills
- Must thrive in a fast-paced environment, driven by teamwork and collaborative innovation.
- Strong Proficiency in PLM, Adobe Illustrator, Excel and G Suite
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses and retail showrooms in the US, UK and Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 and Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.