Freelance Graphic Artist at Major League Baseball
Position Summary: MLB Network seeks a Freelance Graphic Artist with knowledge/experience of on-air graphics design. The Freelance Graphic Artist will help to create on-air content that reinforces the branding/creative goals as established by the Graphic Designer.
- Complete daily elements for MLBN shows/properties as assigned by the Graphic Designer.
- Design and produce on-air graphics packages/elements for MLBN shows/properties as assigned by the Graphic Designer.
- Design and produce on-air graphics packages/elements for MLBN sales as assigned by the Graphic Designer.
- Create templates for MLBN on-air graphics show/properties support as assigned by the Graphic Designer/Creative Director.
- Work along artists in the CS department to reach creative goals.
- Stay current with creative and technical industry trends.
- Other such duties as required.
It is expected that the Graphic Artist will maintain and increase knowledge in the Creative Services discipline as well as the business on an ongoing basis.
Skills & Experience: The ideal candidate must have most if not all of the following skills and experiences:
- A minimum of 2 years broadcast design or related business experience is required.
- Experience in the television, advertising, affiliate sales or production industries are preferred.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate initiative/ability to complete multiple assignments in a timely manner.
- Individual must work well in a dynamic environment and be able to recommend and implement process improvements, work independently and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Demonstrate the tact, diplomacy, decisiveness, and superior people skills required in a pressurized live television environment.
- Proficient with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and After Effects.
- Proficient in Apple OSX platform.
Education: Bachelor’s degree is required; Computer Arts or Graphics major is highly preferred.