What You Will Do
- Collaborate with Game Design, Marketing, and Project Management stakeholders to concept, design and perfect innovative trading card game and experience designs.
- Be a game design champion, constantly looking to evolve TCG mechanics and interactions, finding ways to improve and expand the players’ experience with the game.
- Playtest new card and game system designs. Review game design documents, proposals and conceptual prototypes. Provide actionable feedback.
- Act as a creative negotiator who can champion the needs of gameplay while remaining sensitive to the needs of other internal stakeholders.
- Be extremely organized in the game design workflow from initial concept to final release and post-release support.
- Construct and edit game design presentations for communication within the Project Management team as well as internal stakeholders.
- Prepare reports and data visualization to present to internal stakeholders.
- Review and proof Emergents TCG cards and supporting documentation.
- Maintain databases of art and game design information.
What You Will Bring
- Understanding of what motivates both social and competitive TCG players
- Ability to design game elements inspired by an existing IP.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to synthesize game-play data to improve the game as necessary.
- Ability to work independently, handle multiple assignments, balance priorities and meet deadlines.
- Interest in mobile game experiences and an awareness of mobile game design best practices.
- TCG experience and knowledge from a player or professional perspective.
- Love of the varied and diverse possibilities in the superhero genre.
How You Will Be Successful
- Communication: You have excellent written and verbal communication with ability to translate technical information in a non-technical format.
- Collaboration: You know the “how” is as important as the “what” and you aim to build effective relationships across the organizations, as well as externally with 3rd parties. You are mindful of diverse perspectives and engage others in a professional manner.
- Empathy: You can relate to and understand players who are not like you, and who may have different motivations than yours when playing games.
- Time Management: You can handle multiple projects with varying and changing timelines. Projects are completed on time and you ask for help as needed. You are able to effectively work remotely without direct supervision.
- Attention to detail: Misplaced data can have vastly negative effects on games. You find the errors most would overlook.
- Flexible work environment
- Competitive compensation
- Full benefits
- Unlimited paid time off
- 401k matching