Graphic Designer (Contract) at theSkimm
theSkimm’s design team is a group of collaborative, fast-moving and creative thinkers who thrive on creativity and designing products Skimm’rs love. As part of this contract position, you’ll be responsible for bringing marketing & editorial campaigns, and brand partnerships to life through illustration, storytelling and design. You will be an integral part of the team when it comes to collaborating on a variety of internal and external projects.WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Illustrating and creating assets for our social platforms
- Working cross-functionally to create illustrated and animated solutions for campaigns with our partners
- Creating custom designs for editorial and marketing campaigns
- Collaborating with theSkimm’s design team on a variety of projects needed for the brand and internal teams
- 1-2+ years of design experience
- BFA in design (or equivalent degree) preferred
- Expert Illustration Skills with proficiency in Adobe Suite, including: Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Sketch
- A sound design aesthetic with a solid understanding of typography and composition, and grids
- Can work collaboratively with a team, independently, and under close direction
- Self-learning, able to learn new tools quickly and work in a fast evolving environment
- Animation skills a plus
Please submit a portfolio with applications.ABOUT THESKIMM
theSkimm is a membership company dedicated to helping female millennials live smarter lives. By seamlessly integrating into our members existing routines, we've become a trusted brand to more than seven million people. We're fundamentally changing the way our members consume news, consider products or services, and take action on important things happening in their lives. Our flagship product, the Daily Skimm, is still the fastest growing email newsletter on the market, and we've grown our product suite to fit into other routines at home, work, and on-the-go. theSkimm App debuted at #1 in News in iTunes, our podcast "Skimm'd from The Couch" reached #1 in Apple Podcasts within hours of launching, and more than 200,000 people voted with us in the 2018 midterm elections.
As theSkimm grows, we're committed to helping our members tackle big decision-making moments in life by giving them the information they need to make informed and empowered choices whether that be in civic engagement, finance, career, health, and more. Founded in 2012 by two friends on a couch, we've since grown to over 100 employees based in NYC. We are passionate. We are a TEAM. We work hard, but we know when to take a break to enjoy each other's company. Our products help people live smarter lives and we're building a brand trusted by millions of female millennials across the country. Join us!
This is a contract position based in New York, NY.