Graphic Designer (Freelance) at Hinge
We are looking for an experienced Graphic Designer on a three-month fixed term contract to increase the speed and quality of our marketing design needs at Hinge. Reporting to our Director of Design, you will design campaigns for internal events and initiates with materials such as swag, posters, stickers, etc. You excel in an autonomous environment and take full ownership of your work. You have a passion for beautiful graphic design, illustration and brand campaigns. You can translate high-level requirements and create beautiful and functional designs. It’s important that you can work within differing design scenarios, i.e. art direction, creative brainstorming, critiques, graphic design, and small production-related tasks. You will be on a 3-month contract with the possibility of renewal.
What You'll Do
- Concept and design assets for projects across design disciplines, including branding/identity, print, illustration, environments, collateral, and advertising while maintaining our design standards
- Design campaigns for internal events and initiates with materials such as swag, posters, stickers, etc
- Be autonomous and take full ownership of your work
What We're Looking For
- 5+ years of graphic design, illustration, typography, and animation
- Proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite
- You know how to take direction from non-creative team members and translate their needs into the Hinge design aesthetic
- You can think in big concepts and very small details
- Comfortable designing for physical collateral
- Experience designing for social (including Instagram giphys and templates)
We believe the quality of your relationships determines the quality of your life. So when it comes to your most important relationship, it makes sense to take a more thoughtful approach. Hinge provides an alternative to swipe culture by creating smart matches and natural conversations among people who are on the same page. That’s why 75% of our first dates turn into second dates, and why we’re the #1 mobile-first dating app mentioned in the NYTimes Wedding section. Hinge is where the next generation is going when they’re over dating games and ready to find meaningful connections.Our Culture
- Authenticity: Share your genuine thoughts and opinions directly.
- Courage: Invite and deeply consider challenges and criticism.
- Empathy: Be empathetic, communitarian and trustworthy.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.