Graphic Designer, Motion & Social (Full-time Temp)
ABOUT THE TEAM AND ROLE
theSkimm’s design team is a group of collaborative, fast-moving and creative thinkers who thrive on creativity and designing products Skimm’rs love. As part of this temporary position, you’ll be responsible for bringing our videos and social media channels to life through design, storytelling, and motion graphics. You will be an integral part of the team when it comes to collaborating on a variety of internal and external projects.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Collaborating with our video team to create custom motion graphics packages and assets for video series
- Collaborating with our social team to maintain and update social media design templates for the team to use
- Creating cohesive designs across video and social for branded content campaigns
- Innovating with theSkimm’s design team on evolving our visual language and brand
- Working as a part of theSkimm’s design team on a variety of projects needed for the brand and internal teams
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 3+ years of design experience
- BFA degree in graphic design, motion design, or related field preferred
- Ability to efficiently manage multiple projects and oversee entire projects from conception to delivery in a fast evolving environment
- A sound design aesthetic with a solid understanding of typography and composition, and grids
- Expert design skills with proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, including After Effects, Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, and Sketch app
- Self-learning, able to learn new tools quickly
- Ability to listen, interpret, and communicate; in other words, be able to problem solve and take design feedback from clients and coworkers
- Familiarity and enthusiasm for theSkimm’s brand, products, brand aesthetic, audience, and mission a plus
- Fluency in Premiere Pro a plus
Please submit a portfolio with applications.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Comprehensive insurance plans, commuter benefits and 401(k) starting on your first day
- Competitive salary
- One Medical Membership
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Catered Friday lunches and monthly gatherings
- A vibrant office environment full of books, couches and a roof deck
- Complimentary access to theSkimm’s growing suite of membership products
- The opportunity to be part of a values-driven, hardworking and diverse group of people building a membership company that makes it easier to live smarter
theSkimm is a membership company dedicated to helping female millennials live smarter lives. By seamlessly integrating into our members existing routines, we've become a trusted brand to more than seven million people. We're fundamentally changing the way our members consume news, consider products or services, and take action on important things happening in their lives. Our flagship product, the Daily Skimm, is still the fastest growing email newsletter on the market, and we've grown our product suite to fit into other routines at home, work, and on-the-go. theSkimm App debuted at #1 in News in iTunes, our podcast "Skimm'd from The Couch" reached #1 in Apple Podcasts within hours of launching, and more than 200,000 people voted with us in the 2018 midterm elections.
As theSkimm grows, we're committed to helping our members tackle big decision-making moments in life by giving them the information they need to make informed and empowered choices whether that be in civic engagement, finance, career, health, and more. Founded in 2012 by two friends on a couch, we've since grown to over 100 employees based in NYC. We are passionate. We are a TEAM. We work hard, but we know when to take a break to enjoy each other's company. Our products help people live smarter lives and we're building a brand trusted by millions of female millennials across the country. Join us!
This is a full-time, temporary role through May 2020 based in New York, NY.