NowThis is seeking a Graphic Designer to join our design team. The ideal candidate must have a solid understanding of design principles and should be knowledgeable in areas of motion design, branding, and UI/UX. Responsibilities include executing new initiatives on snapchat discover, developing the visual identity of specials and original series, and overseeing the visual integrity of video content. Basic after effects knowledge a must! This is a full-time role on the NowThis design team working directly with our Art Directors. This is a great opportunity for someone who is interested in being part of a diverse environment and working across a wide range of projects that impact millions of young people every day.
*A design portfolio is required to apply.
- Oversee all design projects, from conception to delivery
- Work directly with lead art directors collaboratively to create consistent and dynamic graphic solutions for all video, web, and print needs for Snapchat, Instagram, Originals, Facebook watch series, and Internal NowThis needs
- Oversee the visual integrity of our snapchat discover channel
- Assist with and give creative direction in early stages of our snapchat shows to help establish a visual voice
- Work with producers, studios, and team leads to create any needed graphics including, but not limited to, logos, infographics, illustrations, image-treatments, etc.
- Direct and review motion designers’ work for quality, as well as oversee templetization of graphics coordinating between Post-Production lead
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends, developments, and tools
- Maintain and evolve the brand visual identity and assure it's consistently implemented in all projects
- An excellent online portfolio
- Experience designing for a variety of platforms and devices
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Deep understanding of social platforms and digital storytelling
- Strong grasp of design principles: including typography, color, imagery, and composition
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to troubleshoot quickly
- Ability to multitask, prioritize projects, and communicate progress
- Advanced knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator. Basic After Effects knowledge a must.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- A sense of humor and great attitude
- Motion design experience is a plus
- Self-started projects is a plus
About Group Nine:
Group Nine Media is one of the world's largest digital-first media companies and the #1 publisher on Facebook Watch, boasting over 5 billion monthly video views [source: Crowd platform specific analytics modules] and reaching 81% of U.S. adults in their 20s [source: Nielsen]. With over 120 million social engagements each month [source: ListenFirst Media], Group Nine's brands are built for consumption on the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. Group Nine is home to NowThis (the no. 1 most watched social news brand in the world), The Dodo (the no. 1 animal brand on social), Thrillist (the most trusted digital brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment) and Seeker (the digital leader in science and curiosity). Group Nine recently acquired Emmy nominated, Cannes Lion and Sundance Film Festival award-winning production studio, JASH.
We offer great benefits such as medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), PTO, company paid AD&D, Life Insurance, Short-term & Long-term disability, and much more!
Group Nine Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
Group Nine Media is also a participant in e-verify.