Graphic Designer at theSkimm
theSkimm’s design team is a group of fast-moving and creative thinkers who thrive on creating products Skimm’rs love. Reporting to theSkimm’s Director of Design, you’ll be responsible for creating and driving innovation with the experiences we can bring to life for our partner brands. You will be responsible for connecting client campaign objectives with theSkimm’s audience--bringing that to life through storytelling and design.
Please include portfolio link in all applications.WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Working in collaboration with our sales and account management team to turn sold design inventory into powerful and beautiful inventory for clients
- Generating new, creative ways for our team to pitch ideas to clients, evolving existing inventory and concepting new ones
- Concepting and designing creative for sold campaigns cross-functionally across the organization
- Innovating with theSkimm’s design team on evolving our visual language and brand.
- Collaborating with theSkimm’s design team on a variety of projects needed for the brand and internal teams.
- 2+ years of design experience
- BFA degree is preferred
- Expert Illustration Skills with proficient in Adobe Suite:, includingIllustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Sketch
- A sound design aesthetic with a solid understanding of typography and composition, and grids.
- Familiarity and enthusiasm for theSkimm’s brand, products brand aesthetic, audience and mission.
- The ability to refine other people’s ideas and come up with new ones to create a highly designed visual experience
- Can work collaboratively with a team, independently, and under close direction
- Self-learning, able to learn new tools quickly and work in a fast evolving environment
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and make quick decisions
- Adobe After-Effects capabilities
- Experience creating Digital Advertising materials for clients ,preferably at a progressive creative agency
- Experience working with clients across finance, entertainment, tech, consumer product goods, food and beverage, beauty, and more.
- Comprehensive insurance plans, commuter benefits and 401(k) starting on your first day
- Competitive salary & equity packages
- Flexible vacation policy and generous holiday observances
- One Medical Membership
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Catered Friday lunches and monthly gatherings
- A vibrant office environment full of books, couches and a roof deck
- Complimentary access to theSkimm’s growing suite of membership products
- The opportunity to be part of a values-driven, hardworking and diverse group of people building a membership company that makes it easier to live smarter
theSkimm is a membership company dedicated to helping female millennials live smarter lives. By seamlessly integrating into our members existing routines, we've become a trusted brand to more than seven million people. We're fundamentally changing the way our members consume news, consider products or services, and take action on important things happening in their lives. Our flagship product, the Daily Skimm, is still the fastest growing email newsletter on the market, and we've grown our product suite to fit into other routines at home, work, and on-the-go. theSkimm App debuted at #1 in News in iTunes, our podcast "Skimm'd from The Couch" reached #1 in Apple Podcasts within hours of launching, and more than 200,000 people voted with us in the 2018 midterm elections.
As theSkimm grows, we're committed to helping our members tackle big decision-making moments in life by giving them the information they need to make informed and empowered choices whether that be in civic engagement, finance, career, health, and more. Founded in 2012 by two friends on a couch, we've since grown to over 100 employees based in NYC. We are passionate. We are a TEAM. We work hard, but we know when to take a break to enjoy each other's company. Our products help people live smarter lives and we're building a brand trusted by millions of female millennials across the country. Join us!
This is a full-time role based in New York, NY.