Does the release of the newest movie and TV key art get your heart racing? Are you a designer who relishes the idea of creating TV entertainment ads that millions of people will see? Enjoy the art of typography. Travel Channel, based in NYC, is currently seeking a Graphic Designer to join our award-winning in-house brand creative team reporting to the Art Director. In this role, you will seek to elevate the level of design for network series keyart, advertising/promotion and programming support, bringing design innovation, storytelling and fresh thinking.
A focus will be design consistency across all arms of the Travel Channel brand. You will touch just about every aspect of the business, from on-air promo to press communications, and will use your talents to tie all aspects of a multimedia campaign together seamlessly. Our dream candidate will rock out highly evolved composite key art, but also doesn’t mind getting into the weeds to create a set of day-to-day web banners.
1. Designing Travel Channel promotional materials including key art, digital banners, title treatment logos,TV promo elements and press kits (to name a few).
2. Collaborating side by side with the Art Director, Creative Director, Photo Editor, Writer/Producers and Production Manager through all phases of ideation and production.
3. Participating and contributing to concept brainstorms.
4. Producing realized comps to sell through ideas that are on strategy and on brand.
5. Proactively following projects from conception to execution, delivering each step quickly and on time.
6. Properly setting up clean files to be released to retouchers and prepress.
7. Providing design direction and support to internal and external customers.
8. Managing outside vendors including retouchers, illustrators and printing companies.
* You’ve been working in the design world, with minimum 3-5 years design experience under your belt.
* Bachelor's degree in fine arts or graphic design (preferred) from an accredited four-year college/university or art school equivalent
* A well-rounded portfolio highlighting design, conceptual and typographic skills and sensibilities
* A history of composite/manipulated image-making a big plus
* You know your way around print and web design (on a Mac) like a superstar, and are highly skilled in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Flash
* You’re known as a positive team member, problem solver and a clear communicator
* You have an attentive eye for quality and detail, coupled with the ability to multi-task
* You’re skilled in adapting to changing circumstances in a busy environment
* People say you have excellent time, budget and resource management skills
* You’re fanatical about movie, TV and entertainment design
* You know how to leave the ego at the door
* Must have legal right to work in the United States
* ***If interested, please include a portfolio URL with your application at. Your application WILL NOT be considered without sample work.