Merrill Corporation is the industry leader in technology solutions that enable mergers, acquisitions, initial public offerings, restructuring and other critical capital transactions in more than 170 countries. We provide the world’s leading investment banks, private equity firms, law firms and corporations with tools to simplify, streamline and accelerate the due diligence process, helping them close more deals, faster. We are a global team of high-energy, passionate people. We have strong individual voices but we work as a team, bringing out the best in each other. We thrive under pressure and always keep the customer at the heart of everything we do.
Merrill Corporation is seeking an ambitious, talented and passionate visual designer to help bring our company’s visual identity to life. This person needs to bring a fresh, innovative approach, be able to bring in best practices for outside the firm/other industries, help us step up our game, help us be BOLD as we tell our story, and continuously drive positive change and constant improvement across all of our creative work.
This role will work closely with the Creative Director, helping to drive the look and feel of every client and stakeholder touch point – both internal and external – and will cross all mediums and all areas of the business. Working closely with the marketing team and the sales team, this person will create and design assets and experiences that tell the Merrill story in a visually engaging, innovative way.
Experience is important here, but this is a role also open to ambitious designers with a determination to make a name for themselves, as well as seasoned professionals with the ability and desire to get their hands dirty. This person will be a member of a dynamic, nimble marketing team and will report directly to the Creative Director on the Corporate Communications Team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop creative solutions and overall strategies to bring the company’s visual identify to life
- Maintain, support and elevate our brand guidelines through client-facing sales collateral, digital experiences, event branding and printed marketing materials as directed by Creative Director
- Design and maintain high caliber sales presentations, one-sheets and pitch materials for client meetings and large-scale industry events
- Craft sales and product marketing materials for online and print distribution that are reflective of Merrill’s visual brand
- Ensure online awareness channels (i.e. website visuals, digital ad campaigns, social media graphics) reflect current branding & consistent look-and-feel as directed by Creative Director
- Support custom Marketing requests for client and industry/tentpole event activations from conception to execution
- Expert knowledge within the creative development, design, and end production (both digital and print)
- Ability to integrate feedback from various internal and external stakeholders and transform that into beautiful end products
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to manage creative projects from conception through implementation
- The ideal candidate has a discerning eye for design, is highly self-driven and detail-oriented, communicative, proactive and collaborates well with others
- Undergraduate degree with an emphasis in creative fields
Minimum and Preferred Experience
- Minimum 4 years of professional creative/design experience
- Experience in financial markets/M&A a plus
- Portfolio demonstrating finesse in designing for both digital and print mediums
- Proficiency in Adobe CC programs (Illustrator, Indesign, and Photoshop)
- Experience in Ceros or similar interactive design platform a plus
- Experience in Adobe AEM and Adobe Assets a plus
- Video editing experience a plus
- Deep knowledge of PowerPoint and using the tool to “tell a story”
- Exceptional skill in self-managing and in maintaining ownership over several projects at once
- Ability to meet tight turnarounds and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Advertising, agency, or startup experience a plus
- Keen interest in staying up to date on creative trends and innovating the creative approach
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to positively interact with external and internal stakeholders at all levels
- Portfolio to illustrate prior work is necessary