Paperless Post is seeking a talented Graphic Designer with a background in illustration and a background or strong interest in learning animation. With a flexible skillset and a sophisticated yet playful aesthetic, this person will create beautiful invitations and cards for millions of users’ most important life events for Paperless Post. In addition, this person will create culturally-relevant, shareable media for our new cutting edge, digital forward product, Flyer.
As a part of the Content Design team, this graphic designer will create the very assets that draw people to our design-forward product and have changed the game in the stationery world. Using a penchant for contemporary design and a strong appreciation for pop-cultural references, the successful candidate will create dynamic animated media to surprise and delight our users on our newest platform. Experience with studio photography, stop motion, or video is a plus.
This position reports directly to the Design Operations Director.
- Support art directors and senior designers in creating, designing, and producing original artwork for online cards and invitations for our Paperless Post platform (websites, apps, etc), as well as other branded channels (e.g. blog, social media, etc.).
- Support the creation and production of cutting-edge design solutions, original and curated content for our Flyer platform, including animated stickers, text, templates, and effects.
- Collaborate with Art Directors, fellow Designers, Production Designers and other cross-functional teams in all workflow steps, from content inception to creation to deployment.
- Participate in regular brainstorming sessions, critiques, and design talks.
- BFA, design-related degree, or 0-2 years of relevant work experience as an illustrator, animator, or graphic designer
- Strong graphic design skills with impeccable attention to detail.
- Strong command of Adobe Creative Suite, especially Illustrator and Photoshop, with After Effects experience a strong plus.
- Strong illustration skills in a variety of mediums and styles.
- A flexible skill set and aesthetic range.
- An eagerness to continue growing your design toolkit.
- Comfort in a deadline-driven environment, with a strong ability to develop and deliver work in a timely manner and to handle multiple projects at once.
- A high level of productivity and proactiveness, especially when developing new ideas.
- Excellent communication skills with a strong ability to explain your creative vision/process in relation to the project goals to cross-functional partners.
- Comfort taking art direction, receiving feedback and navigating multiple points of view.
- An interest in being an avid collaborator and positive force, generous with your time and knowledge.
- Experience with lettering, photography, or photo editing a plus.
Life at Paperless Post
Company-wide we enjoy an amazing ecosystem of an even gender split and a balance of engineers and designers. Because Paperless Post isn’t supported by ad revenue, we can focus our efforts on creating and improving on the ideal version of our platform, product, content, and partnerships for our users.
We are proud that Paperless Post helped over 100 million people connect in the real world since our inception. Our product is global, and we are committed to being a company where everyone belongs. We encourage people from all backgrounds, races, genders, and abilities to apply! Women, people of color, trans/genderqueer individuals, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are especially encouraged to apply.