Head of Design
About Redesign Health
Redesign is a venture studio committed to tackling contemporary issues in healthcare. Working as a catalyst, Redesign develops and funds businesses focused on improving the quality and accessibility of modern healthcare solutions. Our core team consists of operators and investors with a track record of building multi-billion dollar businesses in the technology and healthcare sectors.Our long-term goal is to democratize access to innovative medical technologies and facilitate customers’ interactions with the healthcare system. We fund ventures with a $70mm+ permanent capital base raised from world-class institutional investors and entrepreneurs. Our first companies include Candid Co. and Lively.
More About the Role
Redesign is launching a men's health business and is looking for a Head of Design to join this rapidly growing company in its early stages.
What you’re like:
- You thrive in the face paced environment of an early stage startup where needs always change and require someone that can make sense of it all and prioritize their workload accordingly.
- You have experience taking existing brand direction and extending it to new touch points, digital and physical (website, app, packaging, clinics, etc).
- You are a self-starter who thrives on ambiguity and is comfortable wearing many hats.
- You place a high value on collaborating with a multidisciplinary team. Working alongside others to tackle big design challenges by setting up and facilitating workshops/meetings.
- You enjoy sharing your process and bringing others along on the design journey.
- You believe that listening to a user’s feedback is the best way to a good product. You lean on user research, prototyping, and testing to identify pain points, needs, and iterate towards a solution.
- You’ve designed within a complex ecosystem of both online and offline touch points. Comfortably working from low-fi prototypes through to executing high fidelity visual and brand design work.
- You excel at visualizing complex product systems so teammates can understand the scope of design problems and solutions.
What you’ll be doing:
- Working with engineers, the business, customer support, and medical teams to oversee the user experience of a suite of products/services from concept to launch to continued improvement.
- Bringing the Vault design team to push continue evolving the product design, visual design, and branding over time.
- As the champion of the Vault brand you’ll be in charge of the design and creative strategy across all touch points.
- Advocating for user research and running point on conducting research to understand a user’s pain points and needs to iterate on new ideas and turn them into tangible products and features.
- Using lean prototyping and testing techniques to quickly iterate and validate new ideas and solutions.
- Understand business needs and connect them with design decisions that can be articulated in individual or group settings.
- Owning the entire product and brand experience from digital to in person clinical visits.
What you should have:
- 6+ years UX design experience at a startup or a product focused agency.
- Experience planning and conducting user research sessions.
- Experience shipping finished products.
- Proficiency in a variety of design tools such as Sketch, Invision, Framer, etc.
- Positive, empathetic, and collaborative approach to design work.