Head of Design at Yieldstreet
What you'll do - Brand and Product Design Strategy:
- Drive our Yieldstreet design standards and design system forward, setting design as a core competency and differentiator.
- Collaborate across functions to help set roadmaps that will achieve business goals through design.
- Embody user focus and drive Yieldstreet product and brand, through every touchpoint.
- Own art direction rooted in visual design but also experienced in motion and interactive design.
- Develop brand concepts working closely with the marketing team (copywriters, marketers, marketing directors, etc.).
- Lead user research and other experiments to inform design decisions.
- Advocate for and teach product design skills across the organization.
- Find ways to involve non-designers in the product design process through design sprints and other creative means.
- Give back to the community via open source, blog posts, and sharing design team work.
What you'll do - Team Management:
- Manage and build rapport with each member of the design team. Work hard to help them level up their skills. (Today, our design team is comprised of 3 product designers and 3 visual designers.)
- Design and implement a process to effectively recruit and onboard new designers, ensuring that scaling the team is as efficient and deliberate as possible.
- Foster a team culture of continuous growth and improvement -- providing training to designers and encouraging cross-team collaboration and skill-sharing.
- Provide constructive feedback on all design deliverables that ensures cohesion with the brand and design system.
What you'll need:
- You are a skilled UX and UI designer who can jump in if-needed. You've done it for years and have lots of stories and advice to share based on prior experience.
- You have both hands-on and leadership experience across all touchpoints of design; from branding and marketing design, to product design and research.
- You have conducted user research and can combine qualitative and quantitative research to help drive decision making within the broader organization.
- You can balance product, business, and design needs with a customer-focused mantra. You are able to relate to customers and deliver a superior user experience in a simple and clear manner while supporting business goals.
- You're a champion for doing things efficiently. The work you do will have a disproportionate impact on the business. We believe in systems and processes that let us scale our impact to be larger than ourselves.
- You understand code well enough to know if design solutions are attainable and you can communicate with engineers to ensure designs are properly implemented.