SmartAsset is on a mission to help people get better Financial Advice. Our vision is to be the web’s go to resource for financial advice powering the largest marketplace connecting consumers with financial advisors and financial products.
We just raised $110 Million in Series D Funding, bringing our valuation to over $1 Billion to further fuel SmartAsset’s continued growth of its market defining SmartAdvisor platform.
Today, SmartAsset reaches more than 100 million people each month through its personal finance content, custom tools and personalized calculators. In addition, financial advisors and firms on its wealth management referral platform, SmartAdvisor, now generate $1.5 billion in new, closed assets under management (AUM) per month.
This is an unparalleled opportunity to build experiences that serve one of the most fundamental human needs to find financial security and freedom through personalized and humanized products & services that inspire trust at scale.
We are seeking an exceptional person to lead our Design and User Experience team, to craft the future evolution of product design and research at SmartAsset including our Financial Products and the SmartAdvisor marketplace. The product suite spans the gamut of experiences including Tools & Calculators, Captivate Widgets for Publishers, Investor Funnel(s) and Matching Algo, SmartAdvisor Match, Concierge Tech and Advisor Experiences. A successful candidate is an expert player/ coach, bringing out the best in the team, advocating for the customer with an innate ability to deliver unparalleled customer value that maps back to business impact. You will be an integral leader within the Product Team, where you will be responsible for driving product vision, championing the "brand voice", and ensuring that only the strongest user experience concepts are being delivered. You live and breathe SmartValues like we empower our users, earning trust collaborating across the company, leveraging data that fuels our decisions, while continuously striving to rise and adapt. You are inheriting a rock-star team.
- Passionately drive the product vision as a key stakeholder in development from concept to launch
- Embrace and champion the voice of the brand, driving consistency in our entire user-centered design approach
- Generate comprehensive wireframes, high-fidelity mockups, and interactive prototypes
- Generate a healthy amount of original thinking for new concepts, as well as critical analysis of "status quo" approaches and best practices
- Collaborate with product managers, UX research, front-end developers and engineers to develop new elegant solutions for complicated concepts
- A leader with 10+ years of experience in applied UI design
- 3-5+ years of experience managing a team of UX and design professionals
- Comfortable leading design reviews, sharing the design thinking with executive level stakeholders
- You are experience in building and shipping responsive products
- You have a strong understanding of technical limitations and can effectively communicate and collaborate with developers
- You can lead the rapid prototyping and iteration process
- You are able to dive into unfamiliar, math-driven user experiences and apply strong design principles in context
- Detail-focused and you find creating, managing and evolving a design system rewarding
- Benefits package including medical, dental and 401(k) with match
- Professional education reimbursement program