Illustrator at Alloy
Alloy is a leading provider of digital identity management and supports innovative fintech companies and banks to manage KYC, AML, and other components of client onboarding. Alloy’s single API enables its clients to access over 50 third party data sources in real-time to improve decision-making and streamline client experiences. We're backed by venture capital firms that have taken countless companies to IPO like Bessemer Venture Partners, Primary Venture Partners, Eniac Ventures, and others and well positioned to bring on incredibly talented individuals to help take us to the next level!
We’ll rely on you to ensure consistency in our brand across touchpoints and provide guidance on how the brand might evolve over time. You are a strong problem solver who handles ambiguity well and is prepared to work iteratively towards a design solution. This is a fantastic and impactful opportunity to play a crucial role in bringing the brand to life in collaboration with our marketing, sales and product teams to deliver design solutions that will directly impact the positive trajectory of our company.What you’ll be doing
In your role, you’ll help communicate our brand and products through thoughtful visual storytelling and compelling design. You understand that the key to great design is great communication, and you obsess over understanding our users so that your work is relevant and insightful to our clients.As the Illustrator, you’ll:
- Work closely with Marketing, Product and Sales teams to create assets and materials that reflect Alloy, communicate our value, and create engagement with our clients and partners
- Contribute as a designer and illustrator to create and execute marketing and branding initiatives such as presentations (decks and templates), white papers, landing pages, social media assets, swag, iconography, animated GIFs, website assets, infographics, and print & digital campaigns
- Conceptualize design solutions, provide oversight and ensure brand consistency and high standards of creative execution for the development of visual materials
- Partner with teams across the organization to concept new and creative solutions to communicate complex topics simply, and refine project strategies and translate them into strong designs
- Contribute to all phases of the creative process from initial concept definition to execution and production
- Develop and deliver brand and marketing assets for a wide range of projects and stakeholders throughout the organization
- Contribute to and maintain the system of Alloy brand guidelines, style guides, and design toolkits
- Document detailed design specifications for digital and print production
Reporting to the VP of Marketing, you’ll own Alloy’s visual identity, revamping and maintaining the corporate website, and creating assets for thought leadership pieces and sales proposals improving the user journey for prospects and clients by bringing our brand to life while maintaining design consistency across all our various touch points.
- 4+ years as an illustrator, marketing or brand designer for an in-house brand/marketing team or design agency with startup or tech company experience preferred
- A strong portfolio showcasing strengths in illustration, content layout, typography, design systems, storytelling and a wide breadth of marketing executions supporting user research, performance metrics, and design processes used throughout the duration of each project
- A blended skill set of design for print materials, basic UI design, copywriting, and illustration
- Experience with data visualization and infographics and can visualize complex data into an consumable format
- Expert competency in Adobe Creative Cloud, Sketch App, and Figma
- Experience building and working within established brand guidelines, style guides, voice and tone, and design systems
- Proven track record of collaborating successfully with cross-functional teams to launch, market, and drive adoption of products
- Self-motivated, excellent storyteller and communicator, able to organize, prioritize and produce results independently, work within tight deadlines, and manage all aspects of a project
- BA degree in Design is preferred
- Knowledge in front-end development (eg: HTML, CSS, JS
- Proficient in motion graphics/animation/video (After Effects, Adobe Premiere)
We're a lean team, so your impact will be felt immediately and opportunities for growth are abundant at our scaling company. If this all sounds like a good fit for you, why not join us?Benefits and Perks!
- Unlimited PTO and we are remote until 2021*
- Company Paid Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits
- 401k with 100% match up to 4%
- $500 to just set up your WFH space - a one time thing
- Annual Professional Development Budget
- Annual Citi Bike Membership
- Monthly Commuter Budget
- Monthly stipend for groceries from Public Goods
- Weekly lunch allowance on Seamless
- Contribution to Lifetime, NYSC, or ClassPass
- Four Free Therapy Sessions
Apply right here. You've found the application!
Alloy is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and employer. We’re committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.