ABOUT THE ROLE
This role is an opportunity to lead the industrial design language for an industry leading family of fitness products. You will lead cross-functional design of the hardware and user experience aspects of product development. You will work closely with our talented team of designers, product managers, engineers, marketers, and key business stakeholders to develop innovative features for our bike and related products. You're highly motivated, super organized, and enjoy working in a collaborative team environment.
- End-to-end product development from research and early concept exploration, to product execution and launch; be an active participant and driving force in complete product development cycle
- Independently leading complete design projects of high complexity
- Contributes to defining and advancing Peloton’s product design language and visual brand identity
- Capable of creating production-ready 3D CAD databases for hand off to engineering and model makers
- Actively demonstrate design & innovation thought leadership to adjacent teams
- Work with outside suppliers to enable design success and address technical issues in the development process
- Leads brainstorming sessions with other senior technical staff, product management, design, and marketing team members
- Inspires peers with creative approach to thinking and problem solving
- Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Design
- 5+ years experience in a design role
- Must posses a deep of understanding in areas of materials & manufacturing processes
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of mechanical engineering principles and adjacent technical domains such as EE, SW, etc.
- Solidworks, Adobe Illustrator & Photoshop, Keyshot, Sketchbook Pro, Microsoft Office Suite (or equivalent)
- Excellent communication skills
- Personnel management experience
- Bike or indoor fitness industry experience
- Advanced surfacing with Alias or Rhino
- Adobe Premiere & Flash
**please provide a link to your portfolio on your resume or we will not be able to review you as a candidate**
Please note: This is a full-time position that will be remote initially (due to COVID-19) and based in our New York City HQ once safe to re-open the office.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.