Industrial Designer 4 - Ergonomics Research Lead at Peloton
ABOUT THE ROLE
This role is an opportunity to lead the industrial design language for an industry leading family of fitness products. You will lead cross-functional design of the hardware and user experience aspects of product development. You will work closely with our talented team of designers, product managers, engineers, marketers, and key business stakeholders to develop innovative features for our bike and related products. You're highly motivated, super organized, and enjoy working in a collaborative team environment.
- End-to-end product development from research and early concept exploration, to product execution and launch; be an active participant and driving force in complete product development cycle
- Independently leading complete design projects of high complexity
- Contributes to defining and advancing Peloton’s product design language and visual brand identity
- Capable of creating production-ready 3D CAD databases for hand off to engineering and model makers
- Actively demonstrate design & innovation thought leadership to adjacent teams
- Work with outside suppliers to enable design success and address technical issues in the development process
- Leads brainstorming sessions with other senior technical staff, product management, design, and marketing team members
- Inspires peers with creative approach to thinking and problem solving
- Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Design
- 5+ years experience in a design role
- Must posses a deep of understanding in areas of materials & manufacturing processes
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of mechanical engineering principles and adjacent technical domains such as EE, SW, etc.
- Solidworks, Adobe Illustrator & Photoshop, Keyshot, Sketchbook Pro, Microsoft Office Suite (or equivalent)
- Excellent communication skills
- Personnel management experience
- Bike or indoor fitness industry experience
- Advanced surfacing with Alias or Rhino
- Adobe Premiere & Flash
**please provide a link to your portfolio on your resume or we will not be able to review you as a candidate**
Please note: This is a full-time position that will be remote initially (due to COVID-19) and based in our New York City HQ once safe to re-open the office.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.