Instructional Designer, Customer Education at Braze
WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including Seamless, HBO, Disney, Urban Outfitters, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, tens of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 2 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Mobile Marketing Platforms in 2019. The company has also been named on the Forbes Cloud 100, Inc. Magazine’s 2019 Best Places to Work, and Crain's 2019 Best Places to Work in NYC lists.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
As an instructional designer, you'll write and produce elearning/instructor-led courses on our customer engagement tool and marketing strategies to advance customers' use of it.
You’ll work with a team of learning and creative professionals to build effective, visually engaging courses and learning aids. The ability to organize information and communicate ideas with designers and video producers is key.
Your content will not only shape how our Fortune 500 clients learn to use our platform, your work will also inform how they drive their marketing programs forward in general. Effective training is a massive part of SaaS product support and the business's bottom line revenue. Working with the client education team, you'll be exposed to various creative projects, with an opportunity to eventually own projects and oversee them to completion.
- Researching/crowd-sourcing information on our engagement tool by using available resources and having conversations with subject matter experts
- Outlining/structuring/writing learning experiences on various tech partners, marketing strategy, and product walkthroughs
- Designing games and creative learning experiences for events and conferences
WHO YOU ARE
- You have at least 1+ years experience with making training content or degree in Instructional Design
- You are solid with time management, over-communication, and delivering on time
- Meticulous attention to detail when creating/QAing content
- Takes and gives feedback constructively, in a supportive way
- Distilling large quantities of information accordingly
- Applying tested instructional design theories, practice and methods
- Simplifying complex concepts
- Learner experience design
- Can't be afraid of InDesign!
- Experience with anything in the Adobe suite
- Familiarity with marketing and the martech landscape
- Coming from a SaaS/Support background
PREP FOR INTERVIEW
- Bring samples of previous work
- Be prepared for a take-home writing project
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work and life, including paid parental leave
- Free daily lunch in the office, including snacks and beverages
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun loving office culture
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.