Instructional Designer II at Braze
WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including Seamless, HBO, Disney, Urban Outfitters, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, tens of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 2 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Mobile Marketing Platforms in 2019 and the Forbes Cloud 100. The company has also been selected as one of Inc. Magazine’s Best Places to Work (2019 and 2020), and Crain's Best Places to Work in NYC (2019 and 2020).
WHAT YOU'LL DO
As the Instructional Designer for Global SMB, you'll write and produce e-learning for our SMB (small and midsize businesses) business unit in order to help them onboard faster and get more value out of Braze throughout their time as a customer.
You’ll work with a team of learning and creative professionals to build effective, visually engaging courses and learning aids. The ability to organize information and communicate ideas with designers and video producers is key.
Your content will help ensure the success of some of our fastest-moving and most agile customers. Our SMB segment includes many high-growth Series A and Series B companies that use Braze to build their businesses. Your content will help them learn the building blocks of our platform and develop next-gen marketing strategy. Working as part of the Customer Education team, you'll be exposed to creative projects across our training ecosystem, including documentation, e-learning, instructor-led training, and certifications.
- Partnering with our content research team and subject matter experts across Braze to develop an industry-leading learning experience for our SMB customer segment
- Creating learning modules that accelerate customer time to value by making new customer onboarding easier
- Developing educational content on marketing strategy, product training, tech partners, and more
- Using data to understand what drives SMB customer outcomes and create experiments to improve key metrics
WHO YOU ARE
- You have 7+ years experience with developing effective software training content
- You are an expert project manager with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- You pay meticulous attention to detail when creating and proof-reading content
- You take feedback well and give it constructively
- Instructional design
- Creating effective learning experiences/programs is the primary competency
- +4 years experience working as an instructional designer or a degree in instructional design
- Marketing knowledge is a plus!
- Abilities required:
- Distilling large quantities of information into effective learning materials
- Applying tested instructional design theories, practice, and methods
- Simplifying complex concepts
- Learner experience design
- Can't be afraid of InDesign!
- Experience with anything in the Adobe Creative Cloud
- Experience with Skilljar
- Familiarity with marketing and the martech landscape
- Coming from a SaaS background
- Bring samples of previous work
- Be prepared for a take-home writing project
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work and life, including paid parental leave
- Free daily lunch in the office, including snacks and beverages
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun loving office culture
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.