Instructional Designer, NJ or Remote at OwnBackup
Data loss can be devastating. Whether it’s caused by human error, bad code, rogue integrations, or malicious intent, all companies are at risk. That’s why so many companies choose OwnBackup, the #1 cloud data protection platform on the Salesforce AppExchange and global leader in SaaS data protection. With nearly 4,000 customers, we are ranked on the Forbes Cloud 100 as one of the world's top private cloud companies and have raised nearly $500 million in funding from AIkeon Capital, B Capital Group, BlackRock Private Equity Partners, Insight Partners and others.
As OwnBackup continues to scale into the next phase of growth, we are looking for an Instructional Designer to join our Sales Enablement Team in Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey. This is an exciting and challenging opportunity where you will be spearheading the learning experience for all associates at OwnBackup!
You will be working closely with subject matter experts and leaders across the organization and build innovative learning content for leader-led and self paced within our LMS. This is a very exciting opportunity for someone that has a passion for adult learning while being able to touch every part of our business including Sales, HR, Product, Engineering, Marketing, and more.Your Day-to-Day Role
- Support the Learning & Development team’s learning solution needs, including designing solutions for organizational development and learning and development interventions
- Ultimately be the leader that builds really awesome courses and curriculums within our LMS, Brainshark and for live/virtual trainings and workshops across the organization including our monthly bootcamps, SKO, and MKO events.
- Scope, design, and develop learning content, including assets and assessments for leader-led and self-paced in-person, blended, and digital solutions
- Create learning experiences that engage and excite OwnBackup employees while aligning with business needs, satisfying resource constraints, and delivering on intended learning and business outcomes
- Support, manage, and/or guide subject matter experts through the collaborative design process, liaising with other leaders if/when needed to ensure effective design, development, implementation, and feedback loop
- Use learning analytics and user feedback to recommend improvements for each design cycle
- Establish and improve team standards and production processes
- Find new ways to produce content that scales and resonates with our increasingly global, busy audience
- 5+ years of experience
- Portfolio as part of application
- 3+ years of instructional design, e-learning, and project management experience in a fast-paced, high-growth, and high-output environment
- 1+ year of experience developing learning and development or organizational development subject matter
- Experience creating Sales Enablement content required.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects, deliverables, and competing priorities with a proven record of success
- Demonstrated knowledge of adult learning theory standard methodologies and experience designing innovative content on various tools (we use Brainshark as our LMS, Google Suite, and Keynote)
- Ability to work collaboratively with multiple partners, managing input while owning and driving the development timeline forward
- Ability to translate feedback into improvements for both content and process
- Passionate about the learner experience and how to make it better; open to feedback and improving both oneself and the team
- Comfort with ambiguity, technology, and welcome the challenge of working at a fast-paced company like OwnBackup
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field
- Experience with visual design and designing assessments
- Visual/graphic design skills and comfort turning source material into interactive, visually-appealing, and engaging multimedia learning products
- Experience with mobile learning, gamification, and other interactive learning methodologies
- Experience in corporate or highly structured environment
This is a full-time position. The ideal candidate will work out of our New Jersey office to maximize collaboration and interaction with the business.
OwnBackup is dedicated to creating an environment where employees thrive. It’s why we provide every employee with unlimited PTO, generous medical benefits, and a 401(k) savings plan. We also offer catered lunches in the office five days a week, a full fitness center, and free shuttle bus service to and from New York City.
New employees also have the opportunity to attend our award-winning new hire bootcamp, which customizes the onboarding experience by role, provides new employees with invaluable hands-on training within their first few weeks at the company, and gives employees the chance to meet their new colleagues in-person.
Creating an environment where employees thrive also means making sure every employee feels accepted. As we scale to help all types of companies protect precious data, our team must reflect the diversity we serve. OwnBackup is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we believe that every employee in the company brings a unique perspective that they can and should contribute in order to make an impact every day. We strive to be one team, one culture, and one family that builds trust through transparency. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status.A Bit About Us
Have a look at our website and read through the AppExchange reviews to get to know OwnBackup a little better. Founded in 2015, OwnBackup is backed by top-tier venture capital firms and has experienced 100% year-over-year growth, establishing early market dominance in a Salesforce ecosystem that includes over 150,000 customers. And while we’ve experienced tremendous growth providing backup and recovery solutions for Salesforce customers, we are now offering our world-class data protection solution across other clouds, like Microsoft Dynamics 365. At OwnBackup, our vision is to empower customers to own and protect their data on any cloud platform.