Instructional Designer (On-site)
WW is looking for candidates to help change people's lives. We are a global wellness technology company inspiring millions of people to adopt healthy habits for real life. We do this through engaging digital experiences, face-to-face workshops and sustainable programs that encourage people to move more, shift their mindset and eat healthier while enjoying the foods they love. By drawing on over five decades of experience and expertise in behavioral science, we build communities in order to deliver wellness for all. To learn more about WW and jobs with a purpose, visit ww.com.
This position will serve as an instructional designer and content manager on the Learning and Development team, primarily focusing on the WW Contact Center population and reporting to the global instructional design lead. This position sits in our NYC office.
- Design impactful and engaging learning solutions using eLearning, classroom and webinar formats.
- Provide consultative partnership to the contact center team through collaboration with managers and business owners in order to identify skill gaps and recommend learning solutions.
- Demonstrate high level of expertise in content design on a variety of subjects, using adult learning principals and standards.
- Take ownership of training plans and follow up strategies with the contact center team.
- Develop and deliver Train the Trainer sessions for internal and vendor trainers as needed.
- Support strategic objectives and provide input and content expertise on Learning & Development initiatives as required.
- Manage content of our knowledge management system for accuracy and relevance.
- Be flexible and available to travel to the contact center and team meetings when needed.
- College Degree, ideally in an adult learning field
- Minimum 5-7 years' experience in the learning and development field, preferably in a call center environment.
- Ability to clearly design and develop trainings that result in high performance learning based knowledge checks and learning activities
- Aptitude and capability to measure training effectiveness and employee performance
- Apply Adult Learning theory and instructional design for different delivery methods (instructor-led, virtual classroom, eLearning, other)
- Must be comfortable developing, delivering, and assessing (trainees) using remote-based delivery
- Ability to apply partnering strategies to interactions with contact center
- Ability to work independently in a changing environment
- Positive pro-active problem solving approach using member insights and company strategies
- Can easily adjust to changes in programs, content, and schedules
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Internal customer service focus – strong interpersonal, relationship building, consultation and influencing skills
- Ability to observe employee performance, plus analyze and use data to seek continuous improvement in the business, after determining trend vs. one-off situations
- Ability to work out of our NYC or Kansas City office and travel as needed
As a company, our purpose is to inspire healthy habits for real life. And as an employer, we inspire the greatest people to do their best work. We provide benefits for real life to help protect your health, finances and overall wellbeing, including:
- Competitive compensation and profit sharing plan
- A 401K plan to help you plan for your future, plus company match
- Health care coverage starting on your first day
- Tuition reimbursement and online courses to help you reach your career aspirations
- Commuter benefits
- Yearly well-being allowance for your physical, financial, social and emotional well-being
- Free WW membership for you plus 3 free WW memberships for your friends and 3 for your family
- Free fruit, snacks and coffee to get you through your day
- Summer Fridays, happy hours, and company outings
- Robust employee referral bonuses
- Developmental opportunities and assignments to grow your career
WW is an equal opportunity employer. WW does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the satisfactory results of reference and background checks.