--COVID-19 Hiring Update--
As the health and safety of our candidates and our employees come first, we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews and new hire on-boarding.
Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI and public data to work for our clients, generating relevant and actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, and NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events and emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public and private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, and respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth and innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists. We also earned accolades for ‘Most Innovative Use of AI’ from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join our team and help the world manage risk in real time. You’ll work with 600+ talented people across seven offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, and have fun while doing it!
Who you are:
You're a highly creative interaction designer who, ideally, has experience in Human-in-the-Loop AI systems. You are highly creative and quick at iterating and experimenting with designs that aim to optimize a balance between quality and speed and that put users first in a Human-Centered framework.
You will work with engineers, product managers, scientists across multiple fields (including HCI), and other teams to solve challenging design problems. You will design and deliver solutions for our Domain Experts, who monitor and analyze our data feeds and annotate, label and edit signals in real time. DEs are an integral part of our algorithm training process and our advanced realtime human-AI feedback loop that integrates key knowledge domains into our AI models.
You are passionate about having a positive impact on the world. You are enthusiastic about working on some of the most challenging problems in AI and are a passionate builder of solutions that directly contribute to products.
- Create user flows and wireframes to build user interface mockups and prototypes.
- Work closely with the rest of the team to use data-based approaches to optimize designs, using qualitative and quantitative data from experiments and user interactions.
- Work directly on all aspects of execution: from inception & brainstorming, to ideation, experimentation, and final designs.
- Excel in placing a Human-Centered focus on the work (context, end-user impact, etc), finding solutions that work in practice and have significant impact.
- Master's degree in Design, Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction, or a related field.
- Portfolio highlighting outstanding attention to detail, design process, and outcomes.
- 4+ years of work experience in consumer applications or B2B settings in which data plays a key role.
- Ability to translate complex requirements into clear, precise and scalable designs that are not only effective, but also easy to use in a fast paced environment.
- Self-motivation and an ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- AI mindset with a Human-Centered focus: designs that put users first, while maximizing the value of interactions for AI models.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team.
Why you should work here:
- We recognize and reward hard work with:
- company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning and development fund and professional training
- generous paid time off; including sick leave and 100% company paid parental leave
- in-office perks such as a kitchen stocked with snacks and beverages, and catered meals
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental and physical well being, virtual yoga, meditation and health and fitness app reimbursements
…and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.#LI-BM#LI-Remote