Interactive Design Manager
About Discovery Golf
Discovery Golf is a new international venture from Discovery that brings coverage from the best professional golf events, equipment, and instruction to fans around the world. Discovery Golf has recently acquired Golf Digest and is further expanding the already amazing Golf Digest content with new digital products.
The Discovery Golf Product Team is looking for a Senior Digital Project Manager to join the team and support the Golf Digest business with managing the development process and execution of a full suite of digital products and services.
You will be responsible managing the process of carrying features through the full product lifecycle – ensuring proper documentation of product requirements, user stories, user testing, wireframes, flow diagrams, testing and other supporting information. You will be at the intersection between the business, product managers, and developers.
This role reports into the SVP of Product & Analytics and will work closely with product management, design, engineering, editorial, advertising and marketing teams to define and deliver features and enhancements that will drive engagement and revenue for Golf Digest.
1. Manage the digital product roadmap, achieving internal consensus and incorporating feedback from a range of sources to ensure the right features are delivered at the right time.
2. Lead product development teams to success, transcending reporting lines while generating a strong team culture.
3. Manage the web product lifecycle including managing distribution of internal testing and update releases.
4. Contribute to the delivery of high-quality products as perceived by the end user, measured against satisfaction metrics.
5. Prioritise and effectively manage development time to maximize return on investment.
6. Ensure complex business needs are perfectly documented and reflected in product roadmaps and in the resulting products.
7. Provide strong team leadership – lead by example.
8. Work successfully within a milestone-driven environment, utilizing standardize product development processes.
9. Contribute to on-time, on-budget delivery of products and features.
* Bachelor’s degree in information technology related field with a bonus for candidates with a PMP Certification
* Minimum 3-4 years of digital project management experience in a digital media company, preferably in sports.
* Experience working with the Agile project management process, Jira, and Confluence
* Bias towards action, and a demonstrated ability to break down work and identify the highest value, lowest-effort items.
* Detailed knowledge of Agile development practices and a demonstrated ability to deliver high-impact features at scale.
* Experience of working in a start-up environment and across all stages of the product life-cycle.
* Experience of using analytical tools to monitor success of features and influence changes to the product.
* Have knowhow of user experience and usability and be able to apply it to the product.
* Experience of working with a mixture of in-house and outsourced or offshore teams.
* Excellent written and oral communication. Able to write and present to non-digitally-savvy audiences.
* Experience of stakeholder management in a matrixed environment.
* Able to apply sound judgment to make decisions in line overall development strategy and process.
* A passion for Sport and/or a good understanding of the media and sport
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.