Japanese Graphic Designer (US Based) at noom
What You'll Be Doing:
- Create ads that compel millions of people to take the first step in changing their lives for the better. [Seriously, this feels awesome.]
- Work closely with the Growth Product Manager and internal creative team to create compelling ads that drive conversion, sign up, and retention. [Driving revenue also feels awesome]
- Help concept and execute high performing visual assets for all social channels, emails and more
- Bring innovative digital ideas to life by brainstorming and continuous iteration of the visual assets with superior creativity, your love of design and infectious curiosity
What We're Looking For:
- 4+ years experience in consumer-focused design, either in-house or at an agency; startup experience a big plus!
- Deep understanding of Japanese Culture, specifically, consumer behavior in a digital service space / intangible products.
- Proven talent for creating fresh, high-quality designs with an exceptional portfolio showing well-rounded design experience across all digital channels
- An Idea machine! Conceptual thinker, able to bring big, fresh ideas to the table
- Designer who thrives on the challenge of creating ads that actually deliver performance.
- Self-motivated and able to juggle multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Must be a proactive team player who enjoys working with peers and other key stakeholders to design and execute against the evolving business needs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Japanese.
- Solid experience with After Effects (video editing and type treatment)
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch
- Experience generating Ad Creative (both Video and Static) for Japanese market
- Experience creating direct response copy for Japanese market (Ad copy experience a big plus)
What Makes This Job Amazing:
- You’ll be helping millions of people lead healthier lives every day
- You’ll be a part of Noom's rocketship-- revenue has grown 20x in the last 2 years and our team is growing fast.
- You’ll have wonderful benefits including healthcare/dental, wellness budget, daily gourmet meals prepared by our onsite chefs, and onsite yoga
- You’ll experience huge learning & professional growth opportunities. Noom believes in supporting your professional and personal growth: we’ll cover the cost of books, courses, conferences… you name it!
- You’ll add to our transparent, high-performing, and close-knit culture
Noom Inc. is a leader in mobile health coaching. We combine the power of technology with the empathy of real human coaches to deliver successful behavior change. Our direct-to-consumer mobile applications have reached more than 45 million users worldwide-- and counting. We’ve leveraged our behavior change platform to incorporate the CDC’s Diabetes Prevention Program (DPP), and have expanded to programs for diabetes management, pre-hypertension, and hypertension. The Creative and Growth Marketing Teams are at the forefront of this mission, tackling one of the hardest challenges in healthcare today: getting people to take that initial (and biggest!) step towards living a healthier lifestyle… And this is where you come in!
Noom is looking for a Japanese Graphic Designer/Art Director to grow our marketing efforts in Japan. You'll be one of the founding members of the Japan Growth team and play a pivotal role in introducing Noom to the Japanese market.
You will play an important role in driving the visual direction of the Noom brand. Working collaboratively with the Creative Team and with support from analysts, engineers, growth leaders, and our co-founders (we’re still a startup!), you will help design a brand identity that will directly and positively impact the growth of our digital product. Through on-brand art direction, typography, video editing, animation and illustration you will tell our story across all consumer-facing touchpoints, with an emphasis on thumb-stoppable video ads.
The position will be based in our Headquarters in New York City.