Junior Brand Designer at Vimeo
Does your brain instantly start cropping, swapping fonts, and color correcting when you see a dry ad? Do you dream in wildly gorgeous images — and have the chops to bring them to life? AND do you like working alongside genuinely nice and talented humans? Awesome. We’d love if you’d join us as our new Junior Brand Designer on Vimeo’s Creative team.
We’re looking for someone who can dive into all aspects of our marketing efforts, from paid banner ads to social campaigns, events, and beyond. You’ll work closely with brand designers, copywriters, and members of the Marketing team to make it all happen, and deliver gorgeous, high-quality imagery that feels good to create and draws people in.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Collaborate with designers, copywriters, and external partners to help concept, timeline, and design professional, world-class brand and marketing campaigns.
- Develop visual appeal of Vimeo's online presence and increase click-thru rate with beautifully designed display and paid social ads.
- Provide direction to and review deliverables from external partners, including localized assets, to ensure quality across the board.
- Create expertly crafted brochures, signage, landing pages, and other collateral for activations and events around the world.
- Conduct in-depth competitor analysis and research on current trends and compile findings into insightful presentations.
- Collaborate with our internal Production team to create graphics packages and storyboards to maintain consistency across all channels.
- Work with Vimeo’s expansive Marketing team to meet deadlines, make last-minute edits, manage your time, and work through our annual marketing and design roadmap.
- Make the role your own; bring your flair and interests to the role and overall design directions.
- Expert knowledge of Illustrator, Sketch, and Photoshop. Your work is pixel-perfect and you know your JPEGs, PNGs, GIFs.
- Great understanding of composition. Your typography skills are polished and white space is your best friend.
- A point of view on advertising and marketing campaigns. You’re the first to identify upcoming industry trends and have a critical eye for design.
- The ability to follow strict brand and style guidelines. You know the rules (and when to break them).
- Strength in juggling many files, specs, and output ratios, and a talent for file management.
- Tough skin. You can take constructive feedback and run with it.
- A team player. You work well with others and can help other brand designers develop campaigns and find creative solutions.
- New York City based.
- 1+ years of experience in a marketing environment, with paid ad experience (your know your specs)
- Photography experience
- After Effects experience