Junior Graphic Designer (Flamingo) at Harry's
Everyone has a private body care routine. Places they want hair, places they don’t, and ways of caring for and removing it. Meet Flamingo, body care for everywhere.
Since Harry’s launched in 2013, over a million women have used and loved the products. To a collective of women on the Harry’s team, it became clear that we could create Harry’s-quality products designed for the ways women were actually using them—like on their legs, underarms and bikini lines.
About the Team
A Designer is responsible for creating a variety of visual assets that reinforce the look & feel of the brand with a focus on work that lives primarily online. This role supports the Acquisition, DTC, Digital, Creative and Marketing teams by creating diverse visual assets and content across multiple Flamingo channels. This includes concepting, designing and producing the ready to be published assets for: emails, landing pages, paid and organic assets, moving image and animation, short form narratives and brand presentations. They approach each task, small or large, with the same attention to detail and enthusiasm.
About the Role
Great taste level is the most important attribute of this role.
This person will need to be a typography, layout design and editing/animating superstar with a passion for social channels and compelling visual storytelling. Photography and typography skills are a must, as are social and print experience and obsessive attention to detail. Being interested in wellness, pop culture and the good of womankind is crucial, as is the ability to be resourceful and think outside the box.
Who is this person? What experience do they have so far?
This person should have at least 2-3 years experience in the design and branding space working on a variety of projects with a focus on social and digital. This person is agile and able to work in a fast paced environment and is excited to help build new narratives. Their design approach should be strategic and meticulous and collaborative skills are non negotiable. Agency experience is not a must, but experience with a fast paced environment where you have to present and strategically support your ideas would make this person successful. Art direction and animation/editing abilities are expected.
They should have experience communicating with different audiences and be fluent in social media, paid ads, with specific experience on Instagram.
They should be a technically skilled designer able to do some still life photography and insta story videos, light retouching, printed matter and typography work, efficiently and always with attention to detail. Furthermore, they should be constantly engaging with channel owners to learn how to maximize performance of their work and demonstrating those learnings where and when it’s applicable.
They understand the perspective of their customers, and have a knowledge of what it takes for them to engage with a brand. Their work demonstrates this knowledge and is therefore easy for them to defend to a variety of stakeholders.
They will be expected to brainstorm concepts with the Creative Team around original social media activations and content. When presenting work to the creative director or to internal and external stakeholders, they should be able to address questions, concerns, and critique in a clear, confident way and be able to pivot quickly based on feedback.
Here's who they will work with:
- Reporting to Design Director
- Collaborate with Flamingo Creative Team
- Collaborate with Flamingo Marketing team
- Collaborate with Flamingo Acquisition team
- Collaborate with Flamingo DTC Team
- Collaborate and partner with External Vendors (when applicable)
- After Effects
- Stripo (internal software)
- Contentful (internal software)
Project & Work Focus:
(40%) Paid & Acquisition
(25%) PDP's & Emails
(15%) Art Direction for Paid / Acquisition Photography
(20%) Misc. Projects: Digital & Print
What they will accomplish:
- Work within the Flamingo Creative Team and partner cross-functionally on projects big and small, establishing trust along the way.
- Understand and implement a cohesive look and feel across all channels. A deep understanding of visual and social media trends, interest in women’s wellness and the self care landscape as well as being connected to pop culture.
- Majority of their work will be for Paid Channels: Translates key consumer insights into compelling visuals in an iterative but thoughtful manner. Working at a high volume with flexibility and desire to iterate and create new and unexpected concepts in parallel. Collaborate on generating a high volume of great work and beautiful pieces of still and moving content.
- Support the Design Director and digital designer to support new launches on shopflamingo.com & other pages to help the consumer journey.
- Focus on the customer Journey from emails to PDP pages. Serve as a bridge between the integrity of the brand visually and satisfying the best consumer journey practices
- Being flexible and agile to iterate on Creative work is key to this position
- Support Digital Designer with digital asks across the the website
- Collaborate with cross functional partners on consumer needs including paid ads for Facebook, Instagram, gmail etc. This includes still imagery, images with typography, slideshows and videos with animated text and CTAs
- Own and produce assets for paid acquisition channels. Deeply understand and synthesis customer insights and data to help develop scalable ads
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.